“Dude, you know Jason Handler is trying to steal your girl right?” my best friend Milo stated.

“I know,” I said. “But he’s not going to get anywhere near her or else… fuck I don’t even know what I would do to that kid,” I sighed.

“You might want to figure it out,” Jackson, my other friend said.

“Why?” I asked confused.

Milo looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder, “He carried her out of the school bridal style bro. He’s completely comforting her right now.”

“God-fucking-dammit!” I snarled and walked outside.

I had no idea what Jason’s car looked like, but I was hell-bent on finding it. If Jason was thinking he could put ‘the moves’ on Shawna someone was going to get hit. And that someone was going to be Jason.

Shawna wouldn’t cheat on me right?

No, she wouldn’t. She told me she loves me and I’m going to trust her.

After looking in the windows of countless cars, I found Jason and Shawna talking in his car. He was smiling about something and all I wanted to do was tear his head off. I know Shawna saw me because she got a surprised look on her face.

She has a cute face and I couldn’t help but to smile. She smiled back at me.

I sighed and opened up Jason’s door and pulled him out by his shirt collar.

“What the fuck man?” Jason asked and then saw me. “Oh.”

“Yeah oh,” I growled.

Shawna got out of the car and rushed over to us, “Be nice, Charlie.”

“Uh… no,” I said crossly.

“What did I ever do to you?” Jason asked.

“You’re a dumbass, Jason. Stay away from Shawna or I’ll mess you up. Got that?” I snarled.

“Fuck you man,” Jason said and walked away.

“Charlie!” Shawna hissed, “What the hell is your problem?”

“He’s trying to steal you from me, Shawna. I don’t want him being around you,” I said simply.

“I know. But you should trust me,” Shawna said.

“I do it’s-“ I stopped cold. She knew? She knew and she was still talking to him? What the hell? “I don’t trust him Shawna, but I do trust you.”

“You shouldn’t have to trust him Charlie,” she said softly. “You have to trust me.”

“I told you that I do, you have to believe me. I just don’t want him getting any ideas and… what if you hang out with him and you fall for him?” I asked.

“That will never happen, Charlie. I love you, remember?” Shawna smiled sweetly.

“I know, but things happen that you don’t mean to happen. I’m terrified of losing you Shawna. I already lost my sister because of you-”

“What are you getting at?” she asked crossly.

“I don’t mean it like that,” I said. “What I mean is you mean so much to me I sacrificed my own baby sister for you. I don’t want to lose you.”

Shawna pursed her lips. I could tell she was trying to decide whether to be angry or nice.

She stepped close to me and said, “I’m not going anywhere.”