one

Kate

"Lucy Kate! Kirsten!" My mother called as gently as possible right before she opened the door.

"Yes?" Kirsten said politely while I just groaned. Kirsten gave me a look before I struggled to sit up. Our father was very strict, which led to us being stressed out and uptight all the time. I was the baby of 3 kids by 2 minutes. I had an older brother and a twin sister.

"It's ok. It's just me. Happy birthday girls," My mom said. I looked at my phone and sure enough, it was December 10th. We smiled at her and thanked her before getting up to get dressed. I put on white jeans and a flowy, white blouse with black polka-dots. I curled my strawberry blonde hair before doing my makeup. Finally, I slid into my black heels before going downstairs.

I was halfway down when I saw my best friends. Kirsten and I looked at each other and then our mom. She nodded and we ran down the stairs.

"Ethan! Grayson!" We cheered as we ran to hug them.

"Hey, Cleveland," Ethan said as I jumped into his arms. It was the most comfortable hug in the world. It said everything we would've ever wanted to say. Eventually, I pulled away so that I could see him.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous," He said as he kissed my cheek. I thanked him before turning to Grayson.

"Hey sis," He said.

"Yo, bro," I replied before hugging him. This hug wasn't nearly as long as he was better friends with Kirsten but I still loved him all the same. After we finished greeting each other, we went into the living room and we all hung out while our parents talked. We ended up on the balcony outside. Kirsten and Grayson decided to go downstairs and run around in our dads private golf course. Ethan and I ended up standing next to each other looking out at our huge backyard.

"So how's Jersey?" I asked.

"It's ok. How's Cleveland?" Ethan asked.

"I'm so ready to get out of here," I replied. He nodded and we continued with our conversation. Most people scoffed at me for not wanting to live with my parents with the huge house and tons of money but it just wasn't really me. Ethan knew that.

"So what's up with the surprise visit?" I asked.

"Well, first, it's your birthday! And we are visiting another friend of ours too. He lives about 10 or 15 minutes away from here. You could come if you want to," He offered. I agreed and we went to find our moms. They agreed that Kirsten and I could go.

"Lucy Kate?" My mom asked as we started to leave. I cringed mentally as I turned around to see her and my dad standing there. She normally wouldn't call me by my full name but my dad insisted on it.

"Yes?" I asked politely.

"I have a surprise for you and your sister later," She said nicely. I nodded with a smile before Ethan and I left to go get Kirsten and Grayson.

Once we found them, Kirsten and I decided to change into something more comfortable. I put on denim jeans and a loose black crop top. It had my dad's motto on it. "Work For What You Want". I didn't exactly believe everything my dad said but I went along with most of it.

We rode with Mrs. Dolan to their friends house and jammed out to the radio. During the ride, amnesia came on and I started singing to it. Ethan, Kirsten, and I got all dramatic and Grayson put it on his snapchat story. During the song, Grayson turned the radio off and it was just me singing. I had a nice voice though so it was ok. He turned the radio back on and All About That Bass came on and we started singing to it.