nine

Camila's P.O.V.

"Hold up," Y/N said as we got to the driveway of her house.

There was a car in the driveway and I recognized it to be one of their parent's cars.

"Shit," I heard Y/N mumble under her breath, "follow me,"

I was afraid that her someone would catch us ditching school but I knew I had to trust that Y/N had this under control.

"Cam can you grab that bin and place it over here?" Y/N asked me.

Once I had put the bin where Y/N wanted she climbed up onto the bin and then climbed onto a branch which hung slightly over the roof. I watched as Y/N swiftly and quietly got onto the roof.

"Are you coming or just going to stand there?" Y/N whisper-yelled.

"The ground seems quite appealing right now," I retorted which earned a half laugh from her.

I started to climb up the way that she had, though I was struggling. Y/N made this seem much easier than what it actually was.

"I swear you are the clumsiest person I have ever met," Y/N let out a shaky breath from trying to hold back a laugh.

I pouted but continued to concentrate on the task at hand. Climbing the branch onto the roof without making any noise. Think I can do that?

*THUMP*

Nope.

"Geez Camz, are you okay?" Y/N asked me as she came over to help me up. We both started quietly laughing but we stopped as soon as we heard loud footsteps booming towards the back door.

Y/N pulled me as close to her bedroom window as possible to get us out of view from the ground.

"Is anyone out here?" A deep loud voice boomed through the backyard as Y/N motioned with her finger over her lips to be quiet.

Her dad seemed to mumble under his breath a lot probably annoyed that the bin was out of place but I don't think that he suspected a thing. Not too long later we heard the backdoor open and close then Y/N gently opened her bedroom window and we quietly entered her room.

I let out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding when I threw myself onto her bed.

"You made that seem much easier than what it actually was," I laughed slightly.

"Well let's just say I've had my practice," she winks and smirks towards me before holding up two movies, "Finding Nemo or Lion King?"

"Finding Nemo,"

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asked me and I gave her a confused look.

"You're not going downstairs are you?" I nervously asked which just made her laugh.

"Of course not. I've gotten this far why would I risk it?" Y/N knelt down next to the bed and moved all her things off of her 'bed side table' which I soon learnt wasn't an actual table. Instead it consisted of an esky and a little cupboard placed on top of each other which a tablecloth.

I looked at her in amusement as she took a packet of chips and a bottle of water and placed it on her bed.

"You amuse me," I spoke out.

"How so?" I seemed to have gained her attention because now she was looking at me away from what she was doing.

"You just seem like you're full of secrets," I let my thoughts out.

I didn't get a reply but she seemed to be a little bit tense as she averted eye contact and went back to hiding her things. She seemed to shake whatever was going through her mind and bounced on the bed making us both laugh. I shook my head at how childish she can be after being so serious. But she always has and will be my little ball of sunshine.

That's probably what my eldest sister says about Ally.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You just seem like you're full of secrets,"

I guess you could say that I shut down when Camila said that. I guess I felt like she was figuring me out or more like my past out and all of the secrets I've kept hidden from everyone in my present even from those who were in my past as these secrets were made. I was scared but I knew that what I was thinking was stupid. Camila nor her family knew me or my family a few years back so I shook off whatever uneasy feeling I had from that statement.

Sure it was true but I couldn't have her figure out what my past holds. She surely wouldn't stick around. I quickly shook everything off of my mind and focused at having a nice afternoon with my amazing girlfriend who actually ended up ditching school.

I bounced on the bed which made her laugh and shake her head at me. I played the movie and grabbed a blanket to throw over the top of us. I cuddled into her side as she wrapped an arm around me, holding me. Being with her felt right. Sure I protested it at first but I was still trying to accept myself. I mean I still am accepting myself little by little.

Though being with her feels right to me I'm still letting this little voice inside get to me. It's the reason I won't have much public display of affection with her. I'm scared of being told by another person that it's wrong and all that you know. It really would throw me off.

"Are you okay?" I heard Camila's voice ring through.

"Yeah," I whispered out.

"What's wrong?" Camila reached for the remote and paused the movie while sitting us up.

I looked down not knowing what to say at first. I felt her grab my hands and I knew that she was reassuring me.

"I guess I just haven't accepted myself fully yet. I just don't know what I am," I didn't once look up, "That probably didn't even make any sense.

I felt Camila's hand under my chin lifting my head up so our eyes could meet.

"Hey it's okay. I know how you always want things to make sense and to figure everything out. But sometimes you just have to let it be and let time take hold. It's perfectly okay with not knowing. There isn't a rule saying that you have to know everything nor is there one saying that you have to label yourself. It takes time to figure yourself out and you don't have to rush it. Things about you, about anyone are fluid and will most likely always end up changing, evolving and adapting all with time. I guess what I'm saying is that you don't have to label yourself to fit into what society wants, okay?" Camila paused and smiled slightly, "I will always be by your side helping you and supporting you through everything and I'll be there whenever you need reassurance or anything,"

I knew that her words were genuine and that I could trust her. I was grateful to have someone like her in my life and I knew that each day my feelings for her grows stronger and stronger. I smiled at her and I saw her leaning in.

"I'll never leave you,"

In that moment I felt safe like nothing could ever happen to tear us apart...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm in a really good mood to write and you guys helped a lot with that so I'm thankful! :)

I would like to hear how you guys are liking the story and any predictions that you may have about where this story is leading? I love to hear your feedback! :)

HAPPY NEW YEARS! WELL IT'S NEW YEARS HERE IN AUS BUT STILL HAPPY NEW YEARS! 2016 SEEMS LIKE IT'LL BE A VERY PROMISING YEAR AND I CAN'T WAIT TO EMBRACE IT AND I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AMAZING YEAR!

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :)

-brooke