|one|

It was raining. Nobody had expected the weather to turn this bad so quickly, and people scrambled eagerly to get to some form of shelter. Among this crowd of panicked, agitated citizens was a young boy, seemingly no older than 16.

His feet hit the floor, sending droplets of the rainwater puddles scattering in every direction. As it wasn't reported that it would rain, he hadn't bought an umbrella to school.

The boy, Sora, eventually took shelter under the entranceway of a rather large building. His small, weak form was trembling as the cold suddenly reached him, shaking his black locks of hair like some kind of canine in order to free himself from the cold droplets of water.

"Excuse me, sir, you're making the carpet wet." A gruff voice sounded from behind him, causing Sora to jump and quickly turn to face him. A tall man towered above him - Sora only stood at the height of 5'3, and he felt like a mouse against this man who appeared to be the security guard of the building.

"A-ah, sorry." The ravenette murmured, taking a step back as he felt the man's intimidating glare. Sora's eyes then quickly flicked to the sign beside the man; Rosé Host Club.

Sora had heard of this place before, yet he had never visited it himself. From what he had heard, it was a place where handsome men were paid to drink and flirt with women. Through the glass, he could clarify his thoughts as he noticed numerous men sitting at tables with glasses of alcohol in their hands as they conversed with women.

Sora quickly knocked out of his trance as the security guard continued to pester him. "You're dirtying the place, kid. Get out." His growling voice intimidated the small boy greatly, causing him to stumble back towards the pathway which was still soaked with hammering rain.

"Hey, Daniel. The kid's a drowned rat. Let him come and warm up inside, yeah? He's easily catch a cold in that weather."

Sora immediately looked up as a third voice could be heard. Standing at the glass entranceway that led into the main hall stood a startlingly tall male, with brown locks of hair that fell to the middle section of his back. His sharp emerald spectators were focused on the security guard, who took a small step back with a tiny grunt.

The man's gaze then landed upon Sora's figure, gesturing for him to come closer with a small smirk gracing his handsome features. His shirt was unbuttoned, revealing his muscular toned chest.

Sora, still trembling from the cold, shuffled closer to the tall male with a small sniffle. The other offered another smile down at him before leading him to the staff-only section, which Sora was rather hesitant to enter. Once he did, however, his mouth was slightly hanging open in awe. Never before had he seen such a luxurious space that wasn't even a home!

His reaction seemed to cause a small chuckle to escape the man's lips, who was rummaging through the cupboard on the far side of the room. "Jax."

The sound of his chuckle caused Sora to blush heavily, quickly averting his gaze awkwardly to the ground. He then peered up at him through his long, feminine eyelashes as he heard his voice. The slight tilt of his head suggested that he was rather confused.

This caused the man, who was carrying some dry clothes over to him, to snicker again. "That's my name. Jax." He said with a small smile, handing the dry clothes over to him. "And what's yours?"

Sora bit his pink lip and averted his gaze once more as the clothes were handed to him, hugging them gently to his soaked chest. This handsome man wanted to know his name, of all people! His breath hitched slightly as he spoke, but he managed to choke out a quiet response. "... Sora."

--

|Author's Note|

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my first novel on Wattpad!
You can call me Bunny!
This book is a rewrite of an old roleplay which I loved dearly.
I am personally looking forward to writing this... I have been wanting to show Jax and Sora to the world!
Please vote and comment on this piece, it would really mean a lot!

Thank you! xox