4.) I Had Frosting In My Hair

Hey friends! Less than a week until Christmas! I'm excited! You? UNEDITED BTW! Enjoy chappy #5!

Chapter Five: I Had Frosting In My Hair

(POV- Clarity Evers)

"Two weeks until Christmas!" Aspyn shouts in a sing song voice as she adds more decorations to the already superfluous bakery.

It looks like a bunch of elves threw up in this place.

But it makes my mother happy so applaud me for being a wonderful daughter.

"You have a problem. It's called being a buddy-the-elf-aholic, you decorate everything you touch and annoy the heck out of people who are just trying to get by with their lives AKA me." I say in monotone as I unravel some tinsel.

She rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me.

"No. You aren't human. You're the grinch of Christmas, too bad you're pretty." She says laughing and I smirk.

"It's so funny how you've known that I hate Christmas ever since we were kids yet you still act surprised every year. This isn't a hallmark movie Aspyn."I reply.

"It could be if you try to stop acting like a-"

I reach for the bell on the counter and tap it so it sounds out her cursing.

"No cursing, it's the holiday season remember." I say in a fake sweet tone and she gives me the finger.

I fake gasp clearly not caring since I'm used to Aspyn's personality and pretend to reprimand her.

"You are lucky that Shaye's not down here."

"I guess I am but even she would agree with me and she loves you more than her own mother." She replies before flipping her hair back.

"The sass." I shoot back in an annoying tone and she frowns.

"Why can't you at least try to like...be happy?" She pleads as she hangs some ornaments on the Christmas tree in the bakery.

I sigh getting annoyed by how many times we've had this conversation and stomp across the room to fix some of the chairs.
"Aspyn you know why." I say wanting to change the subject.

"But it's been years. Why can't you just let it go?" She says irritation in her voice and I scoff.

"Time doesn't change anything." I spat in a stubborn tone and she laughs a cold laugh.

"Clarity-"

"No Aspyn, You don't understand, your father did not leave your mom. He didn't leave you. Tell me now what Christmas has he missed?"

She stays motionless stunned by my firm tone  and I put my hands on my hips.

I'm tired of people thinking that during Christmas time there are no problems and that life is unicorns and rainbows. Well guess what? I may forget it for a day and sing freaking Christmas songs but the problems and torments  are still there the next morning waiting to laugh at me.

She clenches her fists and yells "well I always have to have sympathy for you don't I? I always have to say oh I'm sorry I should just shut up because Clarity hates Christmas because her dad left her!" She yells stabbing me with her words.