2.) It's Us Against The World

Hello beautiful people. How are you all? I am so excited for Christmas how about you guys? I  have been blasting Michael Buble music 24/7 and I cannot get enough of it. Before I bore you guys to death let's dive into chappy number two.:)

Chapter Two: It's us against the world

(POV- Clarity Evers)

I hurriedly yank open the door to my mom's bakery Sprinkles  and the sweet aroma of sugar cookies meets my nose. My best friend's blonde head shoots up and her face is wearing a confused expression thinking what idiot would walk in when there is a closed sign on the door.

Chairs are turned upside down, some lights are shut off, and no one but Aspyn is here yet the liveliness of the place still lingers. I spot Aspyn wiping down the front counter.

"Hey girl." She says full of energy despite the long and tiresome hours she has worked. Her luscious blonde hair is weighing down her ponytail and baby hairs fly everywhere as she rushes to me.

"Hey Aspyn, everything fine?" I ask and she takes out her hair tie letting her beautiful blonde hair cascade down her waist.

"yeah, everything's great, place was full today." She says as she wipes her hands on her apron.

Aspyn and I have known each other since we were in middle school. After high school she needed a job so my mom hired her and now she has been working at Sprinkles for a little over a year.

I shake off my heavy coat and put it on the counter along with my book and Aspyn rolls her eyes glancing at the book.

"Seriously?" She asks her brown eyes full of amusement.
My hands shoot up in self defense.
"What!?"

"Clarity, we read this in high school."

"I know."

I reply calmly and avoid eye contact as I study the now interesting white ceiling.

She laughs watching my awkward self and shakes her head.

"What? I want to read it again. Don't wanna forget any of it. There's a reason why we read it." I say trying to defend my point.

"you love reading way too much." She says throwing the dish cloth at me.

I catch it and smile "one can never read too much."

"Ah yes words of wisdom spoken by Clarity Evers. Although, you probably got that off of pinterest or something." She says jokingly.

"Shut up, did not!" I shout playfully throwing the dish cloth at her face.

The action catches her off guard and the cloth smacks her face.

I laugh as she curses. She peels the towel off and reveals a look of disgust.

"Love you." I say in a sing song voice as she shoots me a playful glare.

She laughs and I walk behind the counter to grab a couple of dishes.

"Here I'll help." I say and she scoffs.

"Wow miracles can happen." She says and I slap her.

"Very funny-"

"I know thanks."

"For your information I can be very helpful!" I shout unable to resist a smile and she giggles.