Young Love....Or Not

(A/N: Wow guys thanks for sticking with my story. And for reading. We are almost at 1,000 views less than 200 to go and it makes me so happy! Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!)

Kyla's POV:

Boyd and I were happy, eating ice cream not a care in the world. I was still smiling from watching Boyd kick Carter ....where the moon doesn't shine. Gah, now I know how my grand dad feels when I kicked Jake Tuckers but in a fight in the 5th grade.....so effing proud! Sadly as Robert burns once said 'The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry,' and sadly for me the mice just walked in....well he's more of a street rat the way he is currently dressed.

In walks a very pissed of looking Carter, wearing a completely new outfit. He walked through the doors looking gorgeous in a plain white V-neck, that complimented his body beautifully, and a leather jacket. He wore basic black vans, and dark wash blue jeans. He looked......okay.....well....maybe a bit better than okay.....okay maybe a lot better than okay, but I will never admit that to him.

He finally reached our table, and Boyd was basically growling at the mere sight of Carter which made me want to laugh. It was adorable. Boyd was this little 4'11 little kid against someone who was practically twice his size. This kid has guts.

"We need to talk," Carters smooth baritone voice said, breaking me from my thoughts. I rolled my eyes, always with the demands. Taking another bite of my ice cream, I stood up facing Carter.

"Boyd take my phone, put your finger on the home button and do not press it. Then go to my contacts and call Miranda to come get you. Tell her not to bring her mate." I said my eyes never leaving Carters. His eyes were challenging and beautiful. They held a promise, one that said 'I would not win this bet without some hiccups in the road', a promise I was sure he would keep.

Boyd did as I instructed, and called Miranda. I told him to wait at the table and walked outside, without looking behind me to see if Carter decided to follow or not. I already knew he would. Being an alpha gives you a certain sense of confidence, self-reassurance. You don't need to make sure people will follow your lead, because they already know that you are the leader. Now the hierarchy between alphas is the stronger alpha, or the alpha with a stronger pack has the leadership.

Now because I'm a girl, I'd automatically be seen as the weaker alpha, and that does not fly with this chick. I am a strong alpha, so what if I'm a girl. If anything that should mean I'm stronger, because everyone knows guys can't control themselves when they find their one true love. As Edward Cullen put it 'We are their own personal brand of heroine, and they are drug addicts'. Girls on the other hand have self-control and dignity....well most of us anyway....some of us?.....Well I do?!!!

"Hello earth to Luna? What's one your mind?" Carter said breaking me out of my head, and making me a tad bit more angry.

I! Am. Not. Your. Luna!" I replied angrily. I could feel my wolf ready to pound him into the ground. I am a freaking Alpha for crying out loud. This bet is going to be mega easy to win if Carter keeps making me this angry. There is no way that I could ever fall in love with someone who can't respect my title in my pack. I think this might be the first time that Carter has realized this, as his face washes over in realization.

"Okay okay," Carter said putting his hands up in an 'I surrender' gesture. "I just wanna talk. Can we do that? Can we just talk this out, try to figure out an easier compromise?" he sounded so sincere, I knew I wouldn't be able to say no. Even with the amount of self-control I have, he is my mate....whether I like it, or approve of it or not.