Shifters and Kids

(A/N: Full disclaimer I don't believe that men are superior to women, because I am in fact a girl and totally believe in female empowerment!! GO GIRLS!!! Anyway a pic. of Boyd is at the top! Thanks for reading! Also if you're actually reading the authors note please comment 'cookie' and you will get a chapter of the book dedicated to you as well as a shout out on this book!!)

Carter's POV:

I finally finished finalizing the plans for tomorrow. Thank god, I don't know what I'd do if I had to look at one more map. Leave it to my father to put me through the task of planning a major battle in the matter of two d, then proceed to act as if this were child's play. Again I say he must be crazy.

The planning took longer than I expected, I couldn't keep my mind off of Eve and her mate. I mean she has to love him, he's her mate. Maybe if I go talk to her, explain it to her, she'll understand this is the correct thing to do. The normal thing. Once you find your mate you're supposed to prepare a life with them. It's what's supposed to happen.

All things considered, Eve has never liked being traditional, which didn't sit well with my father. Eve liked sports, and wearing shorts, most of all she hated dresses. I think the only reason she didn't have to wear them as a child, was because my father thought it'd be a phase. He was wrong though. Even now Eve likes to stay in her pajamas as long as possible to keep from wearing one of her dresses.

"Alpha!" I was woken out of my thoughts by a bang on my bedroom door. Gavin– my cousin– just blew through the door and tumbled into the room. I can hear his heart beating incredibly fast.

"What's wrong?" I asked keeping my voice calm. An alpha must always be calm in tough situations. Gavin caught his breath the wheezed out,

"It's your father he's been shot!" I could feel my heart slam against my chest as all my emotions on the fritz.

"Where is he?" I growled out as I made my way to the door.

"He's in the infirmary." Gavin said. As soon as he left I sped down the hallway and to the infirmary. A silver bullet with wolfsbane laced around it could be fatal to a werewolf. Wait didn't know what kind of bullet it was. If I was lucky then it's nothing serious, just a regular bullet. He'd be fine.

I prepared myself to fight through the onslaught of people wanting to check on their ex-alpha. I was mistaken when the hospital was nearly empty. The only people around were a couple nurses and Gavin? }

How could he have beaten me down to the infirmary. He left after I did and I was sprinting. Unless..

"Gavin! Where's my father?" I asked walking up to 'Gavin'. I had to be careful. I didn't know who or what I was dealing with.

"I don't know try his study," Gavin replied nonchalant. Now for something only the real gavin would know.

"Hey do you remember the time we all vacationed Canada I met the redhead in New Zealand. Man she was fine!" Yep. That is without a doubt the real Gavin. My relief was short lived, as I wondered who the impostor was, and what he'd wanted. I mind linked the pack guards to put everyone on lockdown. We had to secure the premises before the threat could get away.

I ran through the different monsters in my head. Most likely we were dealing a shifter from another pack. They can take the place of anyone or anything. Being whoever or whatever the want. It's rare that they even show you their true form.

I ran out of the room looking for the pack guards. I finally found one.

"Put a lock down on the premises no one comes in and no one gets out! We have a shifter on our hands!" I shouted at him. He grabbed a walkie talkie and mind linked the pack. We use walkie talkies as well as mind links because sometimes when your around your mate you don't notice the mind link.