Chapter Thirty-Three: I'll Get Over It

Start from the beginning

"Let's go, Juvia. We have the same class together," I said as I motioned for her to follow. I walked to my next period, but stopped when Juvia grabbed the hem of my shirt. I turned around and saw her with an agitated face.

"Juvia...wants Gray-sama to come to the front entrance after school," Juvia said nervously. I made a small nod and we entered the classroom together.

"Ah, Gray and Juvia. Please, go to your desks. Class is about to start," Ul said. We followed her order and sat in our appointed seats. I sat in front of Juvia, so she would talk to me from time to time. Cana sits near me too, but everyone said she got a cold, so she's not here today.

"Class, the winter formal is coming up and I decided to be a nice teacher and give you guys no homework. However, I expect you to behave and turn in all late assignments to me the day before winter break starts. Otherwise, I will not hesitate to give you a zero for your score. Any questions?" A few hands shot up when she asked.

"Yes, Evergreen?" Evergreen is the most feared person in the school. She's actually pretty cool if you get a chance to meet her. Plus, she has a lot of friends for a scary person. They say her stares could be the death of them.

"When's the winter formal?" Evergreen asked.

"It's coming up a week from today. So, you better give me those late assignments before that day," Ul said. All of the hands dropped when Ul answered Evergreen's question. Except for one hand.

"Yes?"

"What are we learning today?"

"We're going to continue learning trigonometry! So, everyone take out your pencil and take some notes." Everyone groaned in disgust.

[TIME SKIP]

Class was over and literally everyone dashed out of the classroom. I was the only one taking my time and putting all my belongings away.

"Gray?" Ul called.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a date to the dance?" She asked. I shook my head and left the classroom. I went to my locker and got my backpack out. After retrieving all my stuff, I walked to the front entrance to meet Juvia, but I saw her with Lyon instead.

"Hey, Gray! What's up?" Lyon asked as he saw me walking to them.

"Eh, nothing much. Classes were boring, but it was alright," I answered.

"Anyways, I would love to come. Is anyone going as well?" Lyon asked as he turned his attention towards Juvia.

"Just my friends and other people," Juvia said.

"Cool, I'll see you later then. Bye, cousin," Lyon said as he gave me a fist bump. When he was out of earshot, I took the chance to talk to Juvia.

"What did he want from you?" I whispered.

"Juvia asked him if it was ok if he was my date to the winter formal," Juvia said.

"What did he say?"

"He...agreed." There was a tint of pink on her cheeks when she said that.

"Good for you, Juvia," I said as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Ready to go home, Gray?" Ul asked.

"Go home? Ul is your mom?" I nodded my head at Juvia's question.

"Ul was the one who found me at her doorstep," I said.

"He was a cute baby. There was an envelope containing information about him. Birthday, age, gender, you name it. There was also a ring in the envelope and I decided to give it to him when he turned 5 years old. Never took it off, since I gave it to him," Ul said as she pointed to my ice ring.

"Well, I got to go now, Juvia. Did you want something? You did ask me to meet you at the front entrance after all."

"O-Oh, don't worry about that. Juvia changed her mind," Juvia said. I waved goodbye and walked home with Ul. I couldn't help, but think about Juvia and Lyon being together at the formal.

"You like her don't you?" Ul asked. There was a slight pain in my chest when she asked that question. Sadness was written all over my face.

"Is it that obvious?" She nodded her head.

"I've been in love before, Gray. It's like a superpower. When you've been in love, you know when other's are in love too," she said.

"I'm not in love with her, Ul." She looked at me and slowly shook her head.

"Well, that's all in your brain talking. In the end, you go with what's in your heart." I thought about what Ul said for a moment. If my brain says that I'm not in love with her, but my heart is saying something else. Does this mean I have feelings for Juvia? I always thought of her as my little sister. It never crossed my mind that I may be in love with her. But, it's too late now. She has a date and I don't. I guess, fate doesn't want us together.

I'll get over it...

~~~

Next Update: Wednesday

If Juvia has a date to the winter formal, this can only mean one thing. Levy has to talk to Gajeel! Oh, the next chapter is going to be good. Hehehe... I'm in Napa Valley right now and it's not exactly my ideal vacation. It's alright, but it could be better. How's your vacation? Are you guys having fun? If you are, good for you! Say, do any of you have Instagram? I lost my account and I'm so sad. I'm trying to get it back, but I don't know if I can. *sigh*

~TheKonfusingKK