He took a duvet out and draped it over my body before walking out the room again.

Asshole.

Genevieve's POV

"Mom do I look like I give a shit what those fucking dumbasses do?"

"You should, you stole ten million from them again -

I waved my hand cutting her off.

"It's a small price to pay for sitting in another room while he fucked the shit out of some rebound, that was hard mother".

I looked over at the engagement ring that always sits so neatly on my nightstand. Can't believe it's been six months since he bought that thing.

Flashback

"Hey where are you?".

" I'm just taking care of something I'll be home in a few doll".

"Let me guess the judge?".

" Genie don't start, I'm not gonna do this with you right now".

He hung up, I rolled my eyes and threw the phone on the bed. He's always with her, I get that she keeps him out of prison but I still don't trust her in fact I think they're sleeping together.

A pinging on my phone makes me pick it up and look at it to see a message from a strange number.

We need to talk asap. - Unknown.

Unless you're the person that handles my account then we don't need to do anything. - Genie

Trust me you're going to want to see this. - Unknown.

The front door opens and I set my phone down when I see Alex enter, his black suit hugging his body making me want to just jump him right here.

"Good you're home I missed you".

I threw my arms around him and kissed his cheek.

" I missed you too and I have something for you".

I smiled anxiously. Maybe he got me my own black card finally...Oh?, what's this?, why is he going down on one knee?, did he catch a stroke?, did that thing in his pants suddenly become too heavy?.

"You know you mean the world to me, I don't think there's ever gonna be anyone else like you for me that's why I love you so much. Genie will you marry me?".

Seriously?, he wants to get married?, what am I forty?. I give him an assuring smile. I could say yes now then just change my mind once I think this over again.

"Yes... I'll marry you".

He gets up quickly and pull me in for a kiss then slip the ring onto my finger. It's a bit small... Colleen and the rest of the girls will surely have a field day with this one. "It's.. Beautiful". Not!.

Later that night I sat down having a shopping spree with Alex's credit card the ring that looked like it fell out of a cereal box sparkled as the light from the phone caught on it.

A text from the same Unknown number popped up again and this time with a picture...

What's this?.

A picture of him and that judge heading into a hotel. Then another with them drinking wine at a breakfast bar....

So he is cheating on me, well at least now I have a reason not to marry him.

The only thing he did wrong was giving me all access pass to his bank account.

End flashback.

"We have a video chat coming in". My mother alerts me.

"Who is it?".

"Who do you think?".

I stand and walk over to the computer screen. " Alex what a pleasure, Comment allez-vous?"

He narrows eyes, I'm full aware he understands French he would fly all the way here to visit me after all.

"I wanna say I underestimated you but I don't think so, you and her working together to fuck me over be that's brave -

Working together?, is that what she told him?, well I think it's Genie's turn to tell her side of the story.

" It was her idea actually, how else would I know to come over there?".

"You have a death wish and lucky you when I'm finished with her you're next, and you see this -". He picks his phone up and shows me and numbers on the screen followed by my name and everything. " I'm the best computer hacker in the game so you really think I would just let you take all that money and just get away?, the first time I felt sorry for you I felt like I owed you something but not this time, expect me in France soon".

The video shuts off and the smirk on my face fell to the floor.

"Mother!, transfer all the money out of my account now! Where the hell is Greg when you need his ass!, get my money out of there before he gets to it!".

"Greg!". Stupid nerd of a brother!.

I hear his footsteps padding down the hallway. "What!".

" Do your nerd thing and transfer all of my money before he gets to it!".

He starts typing randomly fast and I sit down holding my head, this can't be happening.

If he touches my fucking money up take his entire family out and his rebounds!.