Chapter 15

Ryan wasn't sure if John's idea was a good one or not, but it was the only idea they had. He just hoped it would work.

××

Ally was just about to go out to the trash cans when she was greeted by a couple of police officers "James" she called inside and James appeared in the doorway, Ally stepped back a little.

"I'm sorry Miss Wilson..." the officer spoke.

"Mrs...its Mrs wilson" Ally replied and James grinned at his wife's correction. That was soon to be wiped away though as the officer continued.

"Apologies Mrs Wilson, it's you we are here for" Ally's mouth gaped as she eyed the handcuffs in the second officers hand "Alexis Wilson I am arresting you for the attempted murder of Henry Kennedy"

Ally's face dropped as she looked up at James, he looked as equally concerned "James" Ally gasped as the officer cuffed her and led her off.

"It's okay baby, don't say anything until I call Jenson" James yelled frantically.

Ally watched James dissappear into the distance. She did as James told her she didn't make a sound.

××

"I'll meet you there" James snarled as he hung up and grabbed his car keys it had been almost 25 minutes since Ally was taken away in the police car.

××

Ally was both confused and worried when she arrived inside the police station. She stood outside a door as the police officer unlocked her handcuffs "Shouldn't you be signing me in?" The officer smiled and opened the door. Standing in front of her was John "Dad" Ally walked inside the room and there he was standing behind the door...The one person she had been desperate to see. Ally didn't speak she just let out a cry and rushed straight into Ryan's arms "I'm so sorry I didn't mean it..." the ability to speak returned almost immediately once Ally was cacooned safely inside Ryan's arms "He made me..."

"It's okay baby, I guessed as much" Ryan reassured her "And I'm sorry for all of this, but it's the only way we could talk to you..."

Ally didn't speak she just nodded, as Ryan's arms tightened around her torso Ally let out a whimper "What?" Ryan frowned as Ally lifted her jumper and showed him the large dressing "Shit" Ryan couldn't hide his fury as he remembered Ally's screams and all the blood.

"I'm still pregnant" Ally said quickly hoping it would calm him down.

"Really? Does James..." John interupted and Ally shook her head. He looked relieved

"So what happens now?" Ally sighed "What shall I tell James?...Dad?"

"Nothing you're not going back" John's announcement stunned Ryan "I can't let him hurt you again"

"What about Henry Kennedy? and the murder charges...Dad I..." Ally panicked and Ryan wrapped an arm around her waist.

"I want her out of this situation just as much as you, but if Ally leaves now he will come after her...It doesn't matter where she goes he will always come after her..." Ryan had made a good point.

"So what do you suggest we do?" John frowned.

"Whatever it takes to make her safe, I'll do whatever I need to do to make sure that bastard never hurts her again" Ryan's tone shocked Ally, it was cold and threatening.

"How? Ryan...What are you going to do?" Ally stuttered.

"Ally I need you to listen to me carefully okay?" John made Ally look at him.

××

"They haven't got enough evidence to charge her with any thing have they?" James panicked as he spoke to Jenson in the carpark on their way inside the car park.

"No they have nothing..." Jenson sighed "Nothing solid they can use against her, unless she buckles under pressure and confesses"

"No" James reply was harsh "Ally wouldn't do that, she's alot stronger than you think"

Both men walked slowly towards the desk just inside the police station entrance "Alexis Wilson? I'm her husband and this is her lawyer"

The tall blonde officer frowned and then smiled "Ah yes, the pretty little brunette they brought in earlier, I'll find out who is in charge of her case"

The officer didn't need to move though, because within the next few minutes Ally appeared "Ally, baby" James rushed to his wife and hugged her tightly. She didn't reply she just went along with it "Are you okay?"

"What did they want?" Jenson pushed and James threw him a glance and shook his head "Okay tell us when we get outside"

Ally felt sick as James draped his arm around her shoulders, he helped her walk outside. He could see the pain in her eyes as she walked down the steps "So what did they want" Jenson pushed again causing a furious reaction from James.

"JUST BACK OFF, LET HER BE" He yelled "Are you sure you're okay baby?" He asked and Ally nodded, James reaction had shocked her a little "Okay come on let's get you home, then you can tell us what happened"

××

"So do you think it will work?" Ryan sighed as he sat back in his chair and rested his hands on the back of his head.

"Yeah it should do" John replied "I just wish there was another way"

"You and me both but you said yourself he needs to trust her again" Ryan hated saying the words "He needs to think she is his, sometimes the closer you are to danger the further you are from harm..."

"I wish I had your confidence" John exhaled as he joined Ryan at the desk.

"This isn't confidence?" Ryan admitted "this is me clinging to every bit of hope we have, because if I didn't the reality of this situation would destroy me from the inside"

"I know it's not easy for you" John understood exactly where Ryan was coming from.

"How could you possibly know ?" Ryan snapped a little "She's carrying my child, if I lose her I lose everything"

Ryan was right, John had overlooked just how much Ally meant to him...

××

"Have I ever told you how amazing you are?" James smiled as Ally explained she hadn't told the police anything about Henry Kennedy or Carson"

"Not recently..." Ally's saddened tone upset James, he knew he hadn't been as good as he could have been to her.

"Yeah well that's all about to change baby" James leant down to Ally's level, he crouched down in front of the sofa "I love you so much Alexis Wilson and it's about time I showed you just how much...I promise whatever happened before is over now, I won't hurt you again"

"I know and I'm sorry too" Ally smiled the best she could "I should never have..."

"It's over now, let's just concentrate on moving forwards" James tucked some hair behind her ears and kissed her gently.