Chapter Four: Manhunt

"Are you sure it's wise for us to do this? Won't it be like walking into a trap? Especially since we don't know the scope of Feria's forces..."

"Actually, it could make it safer for us. If they find one of us, they don't find the rest of us. But we are going two or three to a group, so you won't be alone."

With that, the Royals departed to the various times and places their friends ruled. Sarah, Amet, and Gracina took to the streets of Rome; Averia and Valeriya searched Arabia; and Myah, Fahimah, and Justinus went to search Russia. Charity decided that her people would be more receptive to questions if it was just her. Lunden and Gregory began to search in England, first asking nobles if they had seen or heard of any unrest. Only one was of any use; an old friend, or enemy, if you prefer: "Lady Alexandra, what exactly did you see that morning?"

"Well, Your Highness, I can't rightfully say. It was so vague. What I saw could have just been a stable boys' plot to sneak a spider into the milkmaid's soup...."
"Alexandra! Focus!"
"Right. But I did notice that they looked awfully secretive, and a bit scared. If this Feria is who you say she is, then I think they ought to be scared. I heard them say something that sounded unnatural, definitely not English. It was Her.... Hersin....Hercynian! They said she was a witch who could travel through time itself, and was secretly from the time of Rome! Imagine that!"

Lunden sighed. "Thank you for your help, Alexandra. I have just one more question for you..."

"Yes?"

"What wicked kind of plots do your stable boys make against your poor milkmaid!?!"
-------------------------
Charity found Tallara in her hut, eyes closed. Tallara was long thought crazy by most of the tribe, but when the chief is your son, you can't do much wrong. So by adoption, Tallara was Charity's grandmother. But that didn't seem to matter when Charity tried to ask her about anything to do with the Royals, Feria, or the Stone Circle. She's acting suspicious. Suspicious for Tallara, anyway. She gave me the key that led me to the Stone Circle, so she must now....or did someone give her the key on a whim...or...

...Or is the reason she isn't talking is because she's on Feria's side?

No. That simply was not possible.