"Naruto!" A familiar voice shouted, filling Naruto's heart with hope. "Get up, Naruto. Please."

'That voice.' Naruto thought. 'Why does it sound so familiar?'

"Naruto you dobe, wake up!"

He snapped out of it like a pin to a balloon when the haze and dizziness faded, clearing his thoughts and vision. Pain eased into his mind, making him shut his eyes for a moment. Then he felt someone lift him from the ground, a warm body against his own.

"S-Sasuke..." Naruto gasped as the pain subsided.

Sasuke dodged Pain's kicks and punches, knowing he had to end things soon or he could never get Naruto away safely. Out of the corner of his eyes, he could see that Naruto was moving a bit, struggling to maintain balance. There was no time to check on him as Pain took a swing at him. Swiftly manuevering himself with a back-bend, he threw a kunai at Konan's body, making Pain look away and block the kunai away. Taking those few seconds at an advantage, Sasuke jumped to his first choice; get Naruto somewhere safer.

He lifted Naruto's light body from the ground as Naruto groaned, mumbling about something hurting and whatnot. Not wanting to lose the love of his life, he made sure Naruto was conscious and known to his surroundings.

"Naruto you dobe! Wake up!" He desperately shouted, feeling Naruto jerk a bit before grabbing his head like it was in pain.

"S-Sasuke..." He heard for the first time in many nights that he was away. Hope fluttered inside him as he took Naruto and heaved him up into his arms. Naruto's surprised yelp made Sasuke feel more relieved as they escaped back into the woods, but something black and sticky grabbed hold of Sasuke's foot, making both of them fall to the ground.

"Naruto, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I'm sorry." Sasuke said as he hugged the blonde boy to him. Vulnerable, caring, and understandable. Those were the things Naruto wished he had known when he was still going out with Sasuke, but that wish seemed too far to achieve as Naruto saw a whip coming down for a strike.

Grabbing onto Sasuke's neck with one hand, his body with the other, Naruto twisting both of them around as the whip stabbed Naruto from behind and through his body where his heart was. He gasped with his mouth gaping as the whip was forcibly pulled out. Black tar covered the skin and clothes, but Sasuke didn't care as he stared at Naruto with utter shock.

"N-Naru-"

"Shh..." Naruto smiled sadly as tears pricked his eyes and he lowered his bloody mouth onto Sasuke's. "I love you, Sasuke."

Tears choked Sasuke's throat as he tried to shush Naruto. Blood trickled from the side of his mouth, dripping from his chin and down onto the raven's clothes, but he didn't care. He glanced down to look at the bloody wound, but Naruto forced his face and eyes back up at his blue eyes.

"I-I'm sorry."

Sasuke grabbed the hand that caressed his cheek and gave it a squeeze and he shook his head in denial. "No...No, Naruto. It can't end like this!"

Tears finally spilled from his blue eyes as he smiled happily. He never wanted it to end either. He had so much that he wanted to show the raven, things he wanted to experience too. There was an infinite of things they didn't get to do and yet, they had to end.

"NO!" Sasuke exclaimed as tears spilled from his own eyes. "I can't let you go like this."

"You have to, Sas-" Naruto coughed out blood, covering his mouth so none got onto Sasuke. Sasuke reached out and wiped the blood around his mouth away, holding the boy gently to him.

"I love you, Naruto. Don't leave me." Sasuke pleaded as he held Naruto close.

"Look it here. Two doves in love and yet, one is hit by a stone." Kakuzu's voice rang through the woods as Sasuke froze. Whips rose on their own around Kakuzu as if they were snakes and when given the signal, they striked. Wanting to join Naruto, Sasuke held onto Naruto's growing cold body to him, closes his eyes and awaited for his death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds of metal clashing, voices of different people shouting out orders, and then a slap to the face. He didn't feel anything at all. The numbness of losing his loved one was overwhelming him. He won't let go.

"-ke! Sasuke, get your act together!!" A voice from up close shouted. An angel? A savior? No, it was a dream. A dream of being saved and being able to save Naruto's life.

"SASUKE!!"

He snapped back with tears in his eyes and came face to face with his own brother, Itachi. Sasuke stared out into space before slowly remembering where he was.

"Don't you dare die before me, you dimwit." Itachi grabbed his little brother by the collar. Sasuke blinked and spotted Kisame from behind, confusing the raven for a moment.

"Ki-kisame..." Sasuke croaked as his eyes teared up once more. "I thought..." Then Itachi grabbed his brother and gave him a hug, a tight hug that transferred everything he had, love, courage, independence, and kindness, to Sasuke.

"But he's...." Tored up by the appearance of Naruto's orange jacket, dyed red in blood, and the hole in his chest, Itachi leaned down onto Naruto's body, confusing Sasuke.

It took a while, but soon Itachi heard it. That little faint beating that Sasuke would love to hear. Itachi looked over the wound and smirked. Kakuzu had missed Naruto's heart and bruised one of Naruto's lungs.

"Sasuke!" Kankuro's voice called out as he and the other Jinchuurikis came running.

Sasuke looked up for a moment and saw Pain, Konan, or Kakuzu nowhere in sight. "Where's Pain and the others?" Sasuke panicked.

"Don't worry." Itachi replied as he supported his brother to his feet. "We chased him out of the lands and made sure he doesn't come back to take over Akatsuki again."

"But they'll be back, I'm sure." Kisame said.

Sasuke stood there for a moment, slowly getting it all in, and then a laugh made its way out. Everyone looked at him as if he was crazy, then smiled as they knew what it meant. It had felt like a dream from far away.

Kisame bent down to lift Naruto's cold body in his arms when Sasuke stopped him and did it himself.

"You sure you're okay to do that?" Itachi asked with concern. Sasuke nodded and as gently as he could, he lifted Naruto in both of his arms with Naruto's head on his chest, and marched out with his family and friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Months went by and the war slowly came to an end. Many where in the hospital when Tsunade said Pain attacked hours later at the Jinchuuriki headquarters where Tsunade was. She wasn't hurt, but Pain left behind a message while leaving with a bloody nose.

"Just you watch, you b*tch! I'll be back to claim everything that belongs to me!"

Meanwhile, everyone else that had been in battle laid in a hospital bed. An alliance was temporarily formed so the wounded would be looked after with Jinchuuriki medics. No one complained about the alliance and the Akatsuki was open for a leader to take over. Everyone looked over one another and never thought about it much and decided to wait for the right time.

However, the rescue team was in more of a need of medics as Lee wouldn't stay still in bed and Kakashi wanted to sneak out of the hospital for a walk. The others just had minor cuts and bruises, but had to stay in bed for a few days to get the tar off their skin. The ones in a coma were Gaara and Naruto. Both had lost a lot of blood and Naruto was already close to death. Sasuke and Kiba stayed by their side each and every day, barely eating or exercising as they waited for those eyes to open.

The End.

JUST KIDDING!!! This is the last chapter, but I will be closing the story with an epilogue so hold on for a few days!!!!!