Prologue

What's in a name anyway? I could be Princess Elizabeth or Queen Daniella,but I'm not. I'm Katerina Rose,and this is my story.
About eight years ago I lost my family,we weren't rich nor were we poor. My father was the Head Knight of the royal army. My mother was a maid at the castle. I had three sisters,Saddie,Katie,and Maddie. They were triplets and there's me,Katerina Rose.

While in the attic searching for my father's sword I heard screams,awful gut wrenching screams. I ran to the peep hole and looked through,to my horror I saw my entire family being brutally murdered. I was so terrified he would come after me also,I ran to the far corner of the room and his behind the chimney. Falling asleep around dawn,traumatized by the visions of the ghastly killings I slept fitfully. Waking up to banging on the door,I looked through the peep hole again the castle guards were all in my house taking the bodies of my family. I over heard on guard say that the killer had kidnapped the eldest daughter. As I sat in that attic,I vowed my vengeance against him,the killer of my world.

Run,run,faster I must succeed. My heart beating faster closer to the goal I have set for myself,the revenge I desire this is all I know
Ever since I was little I wanted to fight,I wanted to be like my father. Right now I'm signing up for the royal army. Hoping they will never notice I'm a girl,when I'm outside I'm in armor and always have a mask covering my mouth and nose. Joining the royal army I might be able to carry my father's legacy for I will succeed in revenge. The man that killed my family will be found and he will suffer the consequences of killing them. Ever since then I have hardly spoken I don't trust anyone other than my friend Carol I've known her since childhood. Other than that I've had a some what normal life.