Chapter Twenty-Seven: Things Change For A Reason

"Chelsea! Chelsea!" Oliver shouted her name as he ran up the stairs quickly. "Chelsea." He fell down to the floor and cradled her in his arms, her skin was rose coloured flushed, like normal but her breathing was weak. "Chelsea, baby. Wake up." He pushed her hair out of the way from her face and brought her head up and kissed her forehead. The peck was long, like he was trying to warm her up.
"Oliver what's going on?" Sophie's voice entered the room and he looked at her.
"What did the paramedic say to you Sophie?"
"She just said that Chelsea would be fine after she fixed her." Sophie spoke gently as she closed the room. "Why?"
"Why was Alex here?"
"Who?" Sophie cocked her eyebrow and looked at him, but he shrugged his shoulders.
"Don't worry... Sorry, ignore that." They waited a good half hour before Chelsea came to. Her breathing had started again, and as she fluttered her eyes open she dragged a deep breath in and out a couple of times. Her vision was blurred but after a few blinks she could see.
"Oliver..." She croaked, looking up at him from the floor. He brought her up and hugged her tightly.
"Oh Chelsea. You gave me such a fright." He kissed her hair, and then her face. "What happened?"
"My dad died... And then that's all I remember."
"Sophie, can you go get your sister a glass of water please?" Sophie nodded and left the room. Once it was just them two, Chelsea sat up and crossed her legs staring at Oliver. "What happened?"
"I turned my emotions back on... Ollie, I'm so so sorry for what I said to you. I'm sorry I acted like a bitch, I'm sorry." She sobbed and wiped some tears, he smiled at her gently.
"It's okay Chelsea. I forgive you, it's not like I can't say I haven't lived like that before, because I have plenty of times."
"I just thought... That you and Zoey were seeing each other behind my back. I couldn't handle being hurt anymore, the pain that I felt when I saw you two in the window... Honestly. It killed me."
"Baby..." He whispered and grabbed her hands. "There wasn't and will never be anything going on between me and Zoey. I was helping her out."
"What do you mean?"
"I need to tell you, what's been happening whilst you've been gone." He looked at her straight faced, while she waited for him to speak.
"What's happened?"
"Well you've been gone for a couple of weeks now, so I'll get up to full speed. Zoey is a vampire, Alex is staying in town a lot longer than I guessed she would. Isabelle's back in town with Leo and... I guess that's it."
"Wait say the first line again." She interrupted.
"Yeah, I was meant to say to you as soon as you came home from hospital, Zoey is a vampire and has been for a few months now."
"How did I not know of this? Surely this is before I turned off my humanity."
"It was... But it was so sudden Chelsea."
"Why would you lie to me about something like that?" She took her hands away and looked away from him, staring at the blank wall on her side.
"Chelsea you've got to believe me. We was going to tell you, but it was so sudden and there was no other vampires in town that could turn her. We're still trying to find out who changed her."
"By 'we'?" She looked at him again, this time a scowl had formed on her face and her eyebrows squashed together.
"Alex and I."
"Oh so it's been you and Alex while I've been gone?"
"Are you seriously getting angry at me?" Oliver said defensively. "Chelsea, you were gone. There had been multiple deaths in and around the area, with no signs of vampires and one attack resulted in someone being transformed. We were the ones to find the bodies and to find out. You have got to stop assuming things like that."
"Oliver... Just tell me... Do you have feelings for anyone else in this town?" She looked at him, waiting for the reply. But he ignored her, she grew angry and threw her hands up and stood up quickly. As she stood up, she felt the blood rush to her head, and felt dizzy and falling straight back down to the floor, luckily Oliver caught her in time.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah... I'm just a little bit disorientated."
"Maybe you should go and rest. Come on I'll take you." He stood up and lifted her up into his arms. "Chelsea do you really think that I'd be here looking after you if I liked someone else. Well
Do you?" Chelsea shook her head. "well as a matter of fact I don't like you, I love you and nothing's going to change that."