Chapter Fourteen: A Change

"Isabelle?"
"Chelsea what are you doing here?" Chelsea stayed silent. "I told you never to contact me again.."
"What? What are you talking about? I didn't contact you."
"You didn't?" Chelsea shook her head. "Then who did?"
"Enough with the chit chat ladies." Kaitlyn came through the door, holding a glass filled to the brim with red liquid. "I sent the message..."
"But why?"
"I wanted to get my revenge. Simple." Kaitlyn gulped some of the blood and licked her lips.
"But why? What do you want with me?" Chelsea shrieked. "I'm sorry Iz..."
"It's fine." Isabelle winced as she moved about in the chair.
"Yeah I wouldn't move, I've dowsed the chains in acid, that'll burn you, They also adjust tighter with every movement."
"You think I already don't know that?" Chelsea looked at them as Isabelle and Kaitlyn spoke. She didn't know what to do but be quiet. "I'm going to kill you." Isabelle screamed out loud and Kaitlyn moved with one quick step and sliced her throat open with a knife and Chelsea gasped, trying to reach for her friend but Kaitlyn held her back.
"Don't try anything Chelsea, because that will happen to you, but you won't survive." Kaitlyn pushed Chelsea down to the floor with a hard shove and Chelsea winced. She looked up to Isabelle who was slumped in the chair and watched as she cried out in pain, Kaitlyn was stabbing her in different parts of her body, and slicing her skin to bleed her. Chelsea was scared not for just her life but more so her friends, she was  a weak human being compared to the creatures in this room and she couldn't do anything. Her thoughts screamed through her head and as she focused back into the room and watched Kaitlyn drive the knife through Isabelle's thigh and hitting the chair that she sat on and started to leave. "Oh, Isabelle, you need to choose, the next time I see you."
"What? What do you mean? Choose what?"
"I'll tell you when we'll meet again." Kaitlyn chuckled and left letting the door slam behind her.
"Isabelle what's going on?"
"I don't know." Isabelle winced and cursed as the knife shredded her leg. "You're going to have to pull the knife out?"
"What?"
"Please pull the knife."
"I- I can't." She shook her head. Isabelle nodded and told her to come closer, Chelsea moved slowly along the floor and sat in front of Isabelle. "Iz, I can't do it."
"Yeah you can, just grab it and pull..."
Chelsea sat up so she was resting on her knees, putting both hands on the knife and she heard as Isabelle hissed out.
"I thought you vampires couldn't feel anything..."
"She's drained me dry, I've not had any blood for days, and I'm running out of my own. Everything is going to hurt like hell. Now please pull out the blade."
"I can't! I'm too scared." Chelsea shrieked, and watched as Isabelle's faced changed, the veins she watched appear underneath her eyes, and her mouth opening a little with a hiss reminded her of the night she found out about Oliver. Chelsea shut her eyes and bit her bottom lip and pulled out the blade, throwing it to the corner of the room. John came up from the basement and took Chelsea's arm and pulled her away and she tried to break free of his grip.

What felt like days later, she heard the commotion upstairs. The footsteps on the wooden floor boards above her, and the shouting and screaming that came from Isabelle as she was being tortured. "Don't you even care your daughter is up there being hurt?"
"It's breaking my heart, to hear this but what else am I meant to do?"
"Do some witchy voodoo crap, stop them from hurting her?"
" I can't."
"Why not?"
"I'm already doing a spell... I'm hiding us."
"Hiding us? What do you mean by that?"
"I've been forced to do this spell by Kaitlyn so no one can find us-"
"Time to go ladies.." John appeared from upstairs quickly and pulled the girls up from the floor and dragged them.
"Ah just in time." Kaitlyn spoke and snickered at Isabelle who was sitting in the chair still. "Now when I said I wanted you to choose Isabelle I meant, choosing between two of the most important people in your life."
Kaitlyn pulled the girls in and threw them both down and they fell against the floor and scrambled together against the wall, scared for their lives.
"What? Mom? How is this even possible? You were dead..."
"Ah yes, your mother was dead, but yet she wasn't."
"Leave us alone..." Chelsea shouted out and Kaitlyn turned around, and hissed.
"You shut up, you weak little human." Kaitlyn walked over and grabbed Chelsea by the hair and shoved her head against the wall hard, making a dent into the wall. "Now talk as much as your girls want, no funny business." John and Kaitlyn walked out of the room and closed the door behind them.