Chapter Sixteen: I'll See You Soon

R.I.P to all the lives lost during 9/11. You'll never be forgotten. <3
---------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday!" Chelsea jolted awake when she heard Isabelle shout. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, and saw Isabelle and her friends Charlotte, Katy and Amy standing just behind her. Chelsea giggled and then stood up.
"Is it really that day already?"
"Yes! Now come on! Wake up and we'll go have breakfast!" They all left and let Chelsea get ready. She went into the bathroom and had a shower and borrowed Isabelle's toothbrush and then sorted through her clothes. Today she was going to leave Lady Meyers and start her life again back home. Chelsea grimaced as she sifted through her clothes. "What is all this? She's too much of a girl." Chelsea chuckled and pushed the flowery dresses out of the way before finding a outfit that suited her style very much. "Much better." Since turning she didn't have to worry about taking her time getting ready as she could easily get changed within ten seconds. It was amazing. She looked at herself in the mirror, she saw how much she actually changed but only in the slightest ways, the way her legs looked more slender. She slipped on the black leather jacket and the brown knee length boots before leaving the room and meeting them in the canteen.

The girls at the table wolf-whistled as she entered the canteen causing Chelsea to burst out laughing before sitting down. "Don't you look hot!" Isabelle snickered.
"Since when have you ever dressed like this?" Chelsea raised one eyebrow and looked at Isabelle.
"That was the old me. Here." She threw a blood bag over to her and she caught it instantly. Chelsea hesitated over the bag and Isabelle cleared her throat getting her attention. "You'll be fine Chels, you can handle it now."
"I don't know.."
"I do. Plus you've got us all around you, to help if you do." Chelsea nodded and slowly ripped open the bag. She brought the bag to her lips and the smell travelled up her nose. The veins had started to emerge but she remembered what Miss Carter had said and breathed through it as she took the blood. The fangs that had started to lower began to retract with each breath and the veins had disappeared. She put the now empty bag on the table and smiled brightly.
"See you are fine now, never doubt yourself." Charlotte spoke gently and had a sip of her own bag.
"Thanks Charlotte." Chelsea smiled at her.
"Now what else are we going to do to celebrate you being the big two-oh!" Isabelle spoke suddenly.
"Erm nothing!" Chelsea held up her hands. "There's no point celebrating now anyways. I'm stuck at 19 forever."
"Don't think like that, just because you're frozen at the age you turned doesn't mean you can't celebrate!" Katy said as she held up a blood bag. "Now everyone raise their bags whether they are filled or not and wish Chelsea and anyone else's birthday it is in here!" The table held up their bags as did Chelsea and then all of a sudden the room filled with cheers and everyone else did the same. Chelsea giggled and watched as everyone bumped their bags together in unison.

"Are you sure we cannot persuade you to stay?" Isabelle said as she held her best friends hands. Chelsea sighed and shook her head.
"No, I can't just leave my parents and sister to think that I will never return."
"Are you sure you're ready?"
"No Iz, I'm not ready but I have to do this. Not for my family but for me." Isabelle nodded her head and pulled Chelsea in for a hug, squeezing her tightly.
"I'm going to miss you so much Chelsea."
"I'm going to miss you too."
"What am I going to do? I'm not ready to return back home yet.."
"Then do it when you are ready." Chelsea shook her hands. "But what you are going to do is, go on a massive adventure and never look back until you have visited every country and every continent in the world! I don't want you returning home and saying you didn't visit everywhere and you will regret it." Isabelle cried a little and took her hand and wiped the tears away. "And you are going to go over to Leo who is walking down the hallway right now and you are going to make up."
"What? No."
"Yes. You both are in love and I don't think you can love anyone else in your life. So you go over there and get him back and do what you want!" Chelsea looked at Leo and nodded, she turned Isabelle around and let them talk.
"So I know I only got to know you a little while, but you were one of the best people I met in my life, Chelsea." Charlotte spoke as she hugged her.
"Thank you for saving me." Chelsea chucked and wiped a tear that was escaping her eye.
"It was no problem." Charlotte replied and smiled widely.
"Chelsea?"
"Hi Miss Carter."
"I heard you are leaving us?" Chelsea nodded. "Well it's been a pleasure meeting you, and here is a little present."
"What is it?"
"It's a daylight ring, you won't know anything about it because we never got to tell you that part, but you have to wear it every time you go out otherwise you will burn." Chelsea nodded and slipped the ring on her finger.
"Thank You Miss Carter."
"Don't forget to come and visit us when you can... And also don't forget to embrace who you really are now! This is just the start of your journey." Miss Carter smiled and stepped back a little. "There is a bus that takes all the students to the airport or bus stations. I suggest you get on it." Chelsea nodded her head and picked up her bag that Isabelle let her have, Isabelle even let her take some of her clothes. The horn outside indicated that it was time to leave and a few people walked out the door.
"I'm going to miss you Chelsea." Isabelle jumped towards her and hugged her once more.
"I'll see you soon." Chelsea hugged her back and waved at the other guys behind, she watched Isabelle go back to hugging Leo and adjusted the bag on her shoulder before turning and walking out the door.