The Party

*MELONY IN THE MEDIA*

*BEWARE! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME HARSH CONTENT THAT MAY BE INAPPRORIATE FOR YOUNGER READERS!

The Party

Laurel's POV

    The party is going perfectly. I've never been much of a party person but all the energy in the room is flowing through everyone, bringing nothing but happy and upbeat spirits. The music is great and everyone's dancing and talking. Talking to me especially. I've never had so much attention! And never in life so many presents!! The gift table got so full some of the gifts have to be put on the floor!

     All of my friends are here and even people I don't know. Many of them talked to me like we'd been friends forever. Some girl name Melony pulls me over to the beer pong table and we played for a quick second. We talked and laughed as if we we'd been friends forever, though I'd never noticed her until the party.

     Now I'm in the middle of the dance floor with Macey, Deon, Madison, Carley, and Sarah. Things settled down between Sarah and I so it didn't have to be awkward when we all hung out as a group like this. Beyonce's 7/11 was blasting from the speakers positioned in every corner of the room and everyone on the floor was moving together. Nobody was separated by social status or cliques, tonight we were all friends and it really feels amazing.

"Laurel this party is amazing!" Deon shouts over the loud music.

"Thank you." I smile as I move my body to the rhythm of the music.

"I never took you as much of a party girl, but your holding your own!" Macey compliments me, playfully bumping me with her hips.

     I roll my eyes at her and throw my head back in laughter.

"Excuse me." Someone whispers into my ear from behind.

     I turn around to see Nathan, smiling that smile of his.

"Yes?" I ask, smiling back.

"Come talk to me." He grins seductively.

     I look over my shoulder at the girls and they're looking at me with indecison in that eyes. They have no idea what to tell me to do. Great!

"Uh...okay." I say, gesturing for him to lead the way.

     He moves quickly through the pack bodies and I follow until were on the outskirt of the dance floor.

"So..." Nathan says, "Do you wanna go out with me later? After the party maybe."

     I look into his eyes and I can obviously are that he's serious, so I decide to give him a serious answer. What's the point of even acting like I'm interested when I'm everything but.

"I don't think so Nathan." I say softly, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

   I can easily see the frustration appear in his face, but he wipes it away quickly.

"You sure?" He jokes.

"Positive." I assure him, "I'm not just in a position to go out you right now." Or any guy for that matter.

"Can I at least get a dance then?" He fake pouts.

     I think it over for a second.

"Okay. But just as long as you know its only a dance and nothing more." I warn him.