X I - [ C H R I S T I A N A ]

Start from the beginning

Daemon lets out a low chuckle. "In turn, you can call me 'My Lord'. That ought to show that I'm yours as much as you're mine."

This time, I'm the one who lets out a chuckle. "See, the thing is, My Lord, I don't know if I want a demon like you in my life."

"Oof, that has got to hurt."

I push Daemon off of me immediately and sit up, grabbing the sheets on Daemon's bed to cover my body. Daemon falls off the bed and groans loudly as we both look to the direction of the sound.

"For Satan's sake, Bub! What the hell are you doing here?!" Daemon growls, standing up. He then looks at me on the bed and says, "Was that really necessary?"

"Sorry,"

"And you say you don't want to fuck her." Bub teases and throws his head back in a laugh. "You're one strange demon, Lucifer."

"No shit," I mutter.

Daemon glares at me but then turns back to Bub. "So what are you doing here, Bub?" He says through clenched teeth, obviously displeased with the interruption.

"Entertainment." Bub says, and snaps his fingers. A seemingly large bowl of popcorn appears in his hands. He grabs a handful of it and shoves them in his mouth before saying, "Proceed,"

"Did you manage to talk to Serahael?" Daemon asks, arms crossed in front of him.

Bub shoves another handful of popcorn in his mouth. "Shur did, buddy!" He says, mouth completely filled with the buttery delicacy.

"And what did he say?"

"Oh don't worry, we're cool now." Bub finishes chewing and swallows. "Actually, I was just at his place doing some intense make-up sex." He gives us a boyish grin and throws a wink at Daemon. Daemon cringes, probably imagining what Bub said, and I laugh at his sour expression.

"Hey, what time is it, anyway?"

"My sweet, there's a clock right there." Daemon says, gazing at the upper part of the wall behind me. I turn around and look up to see, sure enough, a wall clock hanging above the bedframe. I squint at it to read the time: it's thirteen past midnight.

"Shit!" I curse, scrambling out of bed. "My parents are going to kill me!"

"You're Satan's right hand and that's what you're scared of?" Daemon asks, incredulous.

"Uhh, yeah?"

Daemon shakes his head in disbelief, but doesn't bother arguing any further. "You know, you might want to get some clothes on first. Wonder what your parents would think if you come home in only your undergarments?" He says, a smirk gracing his lips.

I look down at myself, realizing that I still don't have my clothes on. A blush creeps its way across my face and out of the corner of my eye, I see Bub staring at me in awe. I quickly reach for the sheets on Daemon's bed and cover my body with it.

"Bub!" I scowl, "Stop staring!"

In an instant, Bub snaps out of the trance he was in and shakes his head. "Sorry, sorry."

"And you," I step over the pillows that have somehow ended up on the floor towards Daemon. "Maybe I would still have clothes to wear if you hadn't ripped my dress in two." I look at him accusingly.

"Oh, my little Feia," he utters, gripping my chin. "you've done the same with mine and I'm not complaining." I scoff and jerk my face away from him while Daemon chuckles in response. "Besides, that is barely a problem, My Sweet." Daemon turns to the door, barking, "Isirrya!"

A lady (though still a demon, I suppose) with auburn hair and impossibly pale skin scurries in the room and curtsies. "Yes, Sir?"

"Get the girl some clothes to wear, will you?"

"Yes, Sir. Of course." The lady curtsies once more and hastens out the door.

Once she is gone, Bub says, "Damn, Lucifer. Why so snappy?"

"I don't know, maybe it's got something to do with you always popping up at the wrong times!" Daemon huffs and trudges towards his wardrobe.

"Aww, you look so adorable when you're angry!" Bub comments as he brings his hands together to his chest with a dreamy expression on his face.

Daemon opens the middle drawer and takes out a plain black v-neck. He then puts it on, the material of the clothing tight against his upper body and torso. It's rather strange to see him have an actual wardrobe and shirt, honestly, when he usually just goes around topless with his dark jeans.

"Adorable my ass," Daemon grumbles and makes his way to the shirt he was wearing earlier, now torn and crumpled on the floor. He picks it up and it suddenly bursts into flames, leaving me in awe and standing still with Daemon's bedsheets covering the most of me. "I am fucking Satan, I am not adorable."

"Daemon, dear, you can't fuck yourself." Bub gives him a sympathetic smile. "I opt to do it for you, though."

Is this really what demons usually do in their spare time?

As if sensing a difference in my vibe, the two turns to me in unison with a questioning look.

"I ship you two so much." I say, pursing my lips and shaking my head.

"Don't even bother, Laufie. Satan's one hot-headed little shit." Bub raises his eyebrow at Daemon and smirks.

"I am not—" Daemon starts, but is interrupted by three quick knocks on the door. Isirrya, the lady from before, comes back with what looks like a long, black dress draped over her one arm.

"Here you are, Lady Laufeia." She says, holding the dress out in front of her with two hands. I take it from her and mutter a "thank you" before she curtsies for the third time and leaves us once more.

"Do you guys mind turning around?"

"There's nothing I haven't already seen." Daemon says, wearing a shit-eating grin on his face. I roll my eyes at him and drop the sheets. Bub's eyes widen before looking away whilst Daemon's eyes never left my body, looking somehow charmed.

Once I have the dress on, I take the sheet off the floor and throw it back on his bed. "I'm going home." I declare, and snap my fingers.

There I stand at the center of my room, a dark mist surrounding my legs.

"Christie? Honey, is that you?"

Okay, Christie. Time for the waterworks.

Not a minute later, Mom appears at the door wearing a white blouse and red pencil skirt. "Where have you been, Dear? Your father and I have been worried sick!"

"I was at a party, Mom. Sorry for not telling you earlier." I give her an innocent smile and force tears to stream down my face.

"Oh, sweetie, no need to cry," Mom comes over to me and embraces me tightly. "Just don't forget to tell us where you're going next time, alright?"

"No, no. It's not that." I sniffle. "Lina... She's gone missing!"

Mom pulls away, hands rested on my shoulders. "Lina is what?"

"She's missing." I look down at the floor. "I caught her doing things that she's not supposed to do and got angry at her. She took it real bad, though, and ran away."

"Oh my!" Mom exclaims, panic clearly written in her eyes. She then turns towards the door, shouting for my dad.

"What is it, Theresa? It's half past midni—oh, Pumpkin! You're home!"

"Caleb, Lina is missing." Mom tells Dad in a very serious tone.

"She what? Missing?"

I nod. "I called the police already, though. They should be looking for her right now."

Both Mom and Dad smile appreciatively at me and give me a hug. "Oh, our little angel. Where would we be without you?"

Probably without a daughter in Hell, I think, and grin menacingly as I bury my face into Mom's hair.