Chapter 27. Forever and always

The sound of my crying baby woke me up, I got out of bed and rushed to her room. She struggled to get out of her blanket and I picked her up and rocked her, shushing her softly.

I grabbed her bottle and changed her. When she stopped crying I gently laid her back in bed and put her bottle in her mouth and put blanket under it so it stayed up.

I walked back to the bed and got back in and fell back asleep.

Next morning

"Come on future Queen get up" Thomas said. I opened my eyes and shook me.

"Jesus your like a kid on Christmas" I said.

"It's only a few months away, come on get up before it gets cold. Temperature is supposed to drop, winter is starting soon!" He yelled.

I scoffed and sat up, rubbed my eyes and stretched with a yawn.

"Come on get ready, it's in a few hours" Thomas said and threw me my dress. I caught it and sat up and slipped it on. It was beautiful.

Thomas whistled and I giggled as I let him spin me around. We linked hands, I placed my head on his shoulder and we started dancing. My open hand went under my chin, being close to Thomas like this reminded me of the one night when we created Sylvia. The thought made me warm inside.

"Come on love let's go" he took my hand and led me out the door.

He walked me down the path where everyone stared at me when we got to the front door.

Thomas ran up the path and ushered me. I started walking toward him, I felt sweat on my face. The priest put the crown on my head, said a prayer and it was done "ladies and gentlemen I present the new queen of all shadow hunters and the kingdom!"

Everyone cheered, I glanced at Thomas who was leaning against a door frame clapping as if he were glad but didn't want to be here.

The room cleared out, people congratulated me, bowed or curtsied and left.

"How you doing my queen?" Thomas asked me.

I nodded with a teasing grin "I'm doing great, how about you my king?"

"Shush" he grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward him, making our lips meet.

"Forever" he said when the kiss broke.

I smiled and felt a tear fall down my cheek and replied "forever".