Chapter 10. Dont try to fix me I'm not broken

After our lovely talk we went to bed. I checked on Serena as we were going to his room. I laid down, he got on top of me. I smiled and bit my bottom lip. He kissed me, I ran my fingers through his hair, grasping it.

Next morning

I woke up feeling exhausted. Thomas laid next to me bare chested. I sat up, holding the blanket to cover my bare chest. Last night was amazing, it was like lightning.

I got up and got my clothes on. I looked at Thomas who didn't even flinch. I bit my bottom lip smiling and left his room. I walked toward my room and eventually got there.

Serena sat up smiling "so?" She said.

"So what?" I asked.

"What did you guys do last night? Was it romantic?"

"You are way to young for me to tell romance things, we were on the balcony and I told him how I felt, he feels the same" I replied.

I went into the bathroom for a shower. I started it, making it the temperature I wanted. I quickly undressed and got in. The nice warm water hitting my back was comforting, I hardly got warm water at Pandemonium.

I washed my hair and body and got out. I used the towel to dry off and put clothes on, then wrapped it around my head to make a towel wig.

I walked out to be greeted by of course Thomas. It looked like he had taken a shower to. I walked back into the bathroom and made my hair a mess to dry it, then hung up the towel and brushed my hair.

Thomas stood in the door leaning against the frame, he gave me a weird look. "What?" I asked.

He smiled and shrugged "what?" I asked again and looked in the mirror to make sure he was laughing at something on my face.

He wrapped his arms around my neck, connecting his hands. I placed my hands on his arms. He felt warm, it felt nice.

After a few hours Thomas and I moved Serena to a different room custom made just for her. Glow in the dark stars everywhere, a sit out window with curtains covering it. Thomas led me downstairs for breakfast. I went into the he kitchen and he followed.

"Nothing looks good" I moaned.

He opened the freezer and took out some ice cream, I looked and he moved it side to side while getting two spoons. I smiled and sat next to him taking a bite.

"So, what plans for today?" I asked.

He shrugged "well, Amy is going to the gallows later. I was wondering if you could distract Serena" he said.

"Oh, sure" I said. I forgot about Amy, I wanted to save her but the things she helped Aaron do to Serena made me look the other way.

"I was thinking maybe you and me could go hiking maybe, there were a few places I wanted to show you" he added.

I nodded and smiled "sounds like fun" I replied.

After we finished the ice cream we set out on the hike. We started walking down an autumn forest. I smiled as I led the way, then we were stopped by a cliff. I looked down and saw a river making a waterfall.

We continued walking, after some miles we took a break near another river. I looked around until I saw a dark hole "Thomas" I pointed out to him.

We looked at each other, I stood up and ran closer to see it. He grabbed the lantern we had in case it got dark and we went in. "Wow this place is amazing" I whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" He asked.

I looked up and he followed my head only to see thousands and thousands of bats.

After walking deeper and deeper, I saw something shining on the wall. I took the lantern from Thomas and walked toward it. "Old writings" he said and touched some.

"This is my fathers language writing" I replied, I recognized it because he taught me how to read and write and speak it.

"What do these say?" He asked.

"Pulvis et umbra sumus" I replied and looked at him "we are but dust and shadows".

I saw something at the end of the tunnel and I walked toward it. It looked strange, like there's a figure there. "Look out!" Thomas yelled and pushed me out of the way of something that struck the rock I was in front of.

He hid in a small tunnel that ended about fifteen feet deep. We watched the end as a creature looked around, smelling for us. Luckily it caught our trace from where we came from and not where we were now.

We looked at each other "how the hell do we get out of here?" I asked.

He looked at the end of the tunnel "the end of the cave is over there" he said and grabbed my hand. We started running toward it, we could hear the creature coming back. We ran faster and finally made it, we caught our breath.

"Why was that saying there?" He asked looking at me.

"I-I don't know" I replied. We kept running a while until we figured the creature wasn't following. Just in case I picked up some leaves and when the wind blew, I crumbled them and they blew in the direction we came. The woods around us looked dark and cold.

"Where are we?" I asked Thomas as he looked at the map.

"We're about ten maybe fifteen miles west of the castle" he replied. I looked and saw a whole bunch of marked areas. He moved it away so I couldn't see.

"The next place I wanted to take you is only a few miles away from here, if we get there we can continue the path back to the castle" he finished and started walking.

"Hey Thomas?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened to the castle that used to be mine?" I asked.

"Once I check the place out I'll probably give back to someone else, I was thinking maybe Cameron and his girlfriend or sorry fiancé" he replied.

"What about the-"

"I'll take care of it ok?" He cut me off. We kept walking but silently. Then I heard something growling. He looked and I stood behind him. I only saw the head until Thomas yelled "run!"