Chapter 19- Asher

Two months later (narrated)

The day was 9/18. Ficah had been going to NYU while Ashton attended Columbia University. Ficah was already known one of the three pregnant girls at NYU.

Ashton's birthday was on the seventh. Ficah made him a beautiful card and wrote him a seven-page letter. She expressed all of her feelings for him, and how she saw the future concerning them. Ashton agreed.

---

Ficah woke up with extreme pain at around 5:20AM. She headed downstairs to go get some water. As she was making her way to the stairs, her water broke. She slipped and rolled all the way down to the last step.

Carlos heard the noise and went to go check. He hurriedly rushed Ficah to the hospital.

Ficah had bruises all over her body, and Carlos was praying, hoping that both her and their baby will make it alive.

One of the doctors came out into the waiting room and informed Carlos that the baby might either be stillborn or born with a disorder of some sort. Carlos could not believe what he was hearing, but there was still a chance that he could have been born healthy, and so he was.

"Push, Ficah! We still need you to push!" Dr. U. said to her.

Carlos was holding Ficah's hand as she squeezed it.

"Ugh!" Ficah groaned and breathed. "I can't!"

"Come on, you're going to have to! Push! On the count of three, we need you to push!"

Ficah nodded. The pain that she felt was unbearable.

"One...two...three, push!"

"Baby, you're going to have to push," Carlos moved some hair from her face.

Ficah pushed and pushed until a healthy baby boy was born. Ficah let out a deep sigh that was choking her alive and cocked her head backwards.

"Oh my gosh!" Tears escaped her eyes. "What time is it?" She asked as she grabbed Carlos' arm with excitement.

"You did it, baby!" Carlos kissed her. "You did it! It is exactly 5:47AM."

"Yes! Can I please hold my child?" Ficah moved on.

They put the precious baby on her chest.

"Congrats," said the doctor.

"Thank you so much!" Ficah cried even more as she kissed her baby. The moment she'd been waiting for for nine months was finally there. This came from her. This baby was of Ficah.

"Have you thought about what you're going to name him?" The doctor asked.

"No, my wife haven't decided yet..." Carlos looked at Ficah as she gave the baby away.

"Hey, can you please go stay with him?" Ficah asked Carlos.

"Why, sure," he got up and left.

"Hey! Psst, Nurse Ali," Ficah called the nurse.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Can you please contact this number and let them know that I am ready?"

"Ready for what, ma'am?"

"They will know what I mean. Just tell Ashton Liverstone that I am ready. Give him the name of the hospital."

"Alright."

Just as the nurse exited, Carlos came back in. "I'm really proud of you, babe. You did good."

"You won't be proud of me for too long..." Ficah murmured under her breath.