Chapter 13- Finally/The Funeral.

I had decided that the following Monday was the perfect day to tell Ashton the truth.

Finally, I thought to myself. You finally grew a pair, Ficah. I smiled on my way to class. 

I decided that I would tell him during lunch, so when lunch time came around, my heart was really pounding because I did not know how he would handle the truth. 

"Ashton, may I please speak with you?" I approached his table. 

He and his buddies looked up. He sucked his teeth and shook his head. At this point, I guessed that he'd gotten over me and didn't care about me. 

"Please! I need to speak with you."

"To lie to me again? How can I ever believe you after you lied about your own mother being dead?"

"I did not lie!" I exclaimed. "It's why I want to talk to you. Please!" 

He looked at James and Dean. They shrugged. 

"Fine," he stood up. "I will talk to you," he got up. "Come on," he gestured me.

I started to follow him and noticed that he made his way to the library. 

"So, what did you want to say?" He turned to me and gave me his absolute attention.

I wanted to keep it for as long as possible because I know that if I messed this up, I wouldn't be able to get it back. 

"Okay, I will first start off by saying that I am pregnant. It's a fact, but it's nowhere near how they said it happened. And in order for you to understand, you must believe me. And I have a witness."

He nodded. "Go on. And I hope you tell me why you left me."

"Please, just bear with me. Alright, so after my dad saw your house, right? He saw the house of Mr. Goodwill, his boss, also. You guys are both rich, blah, blah, blah, so I guess he became desperate to make some extra cash. He sold my innocence! I have the letters that Mr. Goodwill wrote him," I pulled out the envelopes and handed them to Ashton.

I waited until he finished reading them to continue with my story. He shook his head and brought his hands to his face. 

"So, anyway, he came in and George, the man I used to love and call the 'F' word, left us alone one day, and Goodwill drugged me. He raped me, and I couldn't stop him! I was on GHB and viagra at the same time, so of course I had a sexual desire of some sort. Anyway, after his job-well-done, he left me there like I was a prostitute and a piece of unwanted merchandise. I got tested for STDs and pregnancy. I tested positive for the baby but negative for STD.

Anyway, I moved out of George's apartment soon after I found out about my pregnancy. I moved to this motel not too far from where I used to live, and I met this very nice woman named Gretchen." I started to cry at the mention of her name. 

It was the best feeling in the world when Ashton reached out to hug me. Him having his arms around me, that I had missed so much, almost made me smile. 

"Gretchen took good care of me," I managed to continue. "She bought me food, helped me out, gave me tips on how to be a good mother, everything. Knowing that my baby won't have a father was the worst part of it all." I added that last part just because I was curious as to what Ashton's reaction would be. 

"Ficah, I believe you, and if you ever need anything, I know that I am not the child's father, but I will always be there for you. I want to know one thing, though, why did you have to break up with me?"

I cried even more. "I don't know. When I did it, I guess I kind of did it out of anger and shame. I believe it was the day after the crime had been done. I didn't think that I could tell you without you freaking out. I am so, so sorry. I regret everything that I had done. If I could redo it all, I would."