Chapter 3: The AI

When A Swan Drowns

[BEN Drowned Fanfic/ Romance]

Chapter 3: The AI

Time posted: 11:50 pm - - June 14 20XX

My second attempt of walking last night was a huge fail.

I guess I had a lesson to learn that I shouldn’t leave the safe premises of my own bed (Fortunately when Paul went inside my room to say goodnight I was back on the bed and my shoes are tucked away).

It’s been a while since I was able to stand without leaning heavily to crutches. But it pains me to know that I can’t even do a simple en pointe. Perhaps the crutches can serve as a band-aid to my shame of having this terminal illness.

Anyway, back into the real reason why I got inspired to post again.

Have you ever heard of…haunted game consoles?

But it’s impossible. I mean—Paul had been using this console for years now, and it doesn’t turn on by itself. He told me that.

There’s no such thing as haunted consoles. It can’t even have the appearance of a human, unless a technical nerd really attached himself to such. When I told my twin that the game set was open by itself in midnight along with its volume cranked up into its maximum level, he didn’t believe me. Mom and Dad even threatened to take away these games if I didn’t stop playing late.

Is it still my fault if the set opens by itself just to let me see that the game is glitching – that my character was being followed by that creepy elegy statue every single time? And there is one creepy thing…Link with the Zora mask can’t drown in the water, right? But when I navigated Link into the water…he just made these absurd drowning motions which were kind of scary—no—heart wrenching to see. Witnessing my character dying an unnatural death confuses and depresses me.

And another when Skull kid appeared out of nowhere, and later on before I knew it, my Link starts burning. Literally.

That is why I decided to make a direct video recording in the game scenes, so I can share it here. My dear readers, you should decide if it’s worth viewing or not.

Or maybe it’s Majora’s Mask that is haunted?

Lol, how can a human soul fit inside a cartridge? A thought hit me that maybe this is an unreleased version—a rare collectible.

Maybe I’m just psychologically drained by this routine. Perhaps I can ask Paul to sneak me out once.

--end post—

~~~*~~~

Victoria stared at the screen of her laptop, the light radiating on her pale face. Her space was now dark and eerie; the only light being emitted by the screen was the only light being seen in the room. It has been a while since she was waiting for the video to upload in youtube, and all that she had to do now is to post the link in her blog to prove the whole thing to her readers. She was now getting used to the unnatural coldness in her room, and somehow she found it oddly comforting. For a while she focused on the few stanzas of the poem that she had written before, and grinned as she started typing away.

‘His spirit was stuck—and he knows this himself,

The desperation is hard to bear

With a heavy heart he seeks for help,

This miserable death’s unfair--!’

“That kinda sounds lame,” she breathed, rolling her eyes.