Chapter 8

Dear Hailey,

You go to highschool with me. You are in all of my classes. You are the closest "friend" that I have there. You spend every moment of the day with me. You do everything with me. Yet, you do not know me. You do not care to know me, and you are not nice to me.

Hailey, you always tell people to "shut up". You have told me to "shut up". On a daily basis I tell you to stop. I tell you how much it sucks to be told to shut up. I tell you that it is belittling and makes it seem as if the other person doesn't matter. I tell you that it is a demeaning term that should not be used just because you don't "feel like hearing other people's voices", as you like to put it. The world does not revolve around you.

Anyway, the first time this happened, at the end of my story, or statement, or whatever I was saying, you leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I don't care".

I begged you never to say that to me again. When you asked why, I said that I have personal reasons.

"Ooh," you gasped, "do you have some deep history? Did some crazy shit, happen to you? Well, how about this? I won't say it." I sighed in relief. But, I reacted too early. You continued, saying, "Hmm, instead of 'shut up' I'll say 'I don't give a shit about your life so stop talking to me'. You see, I just really do not ever want to know about the events in your life. You are bothering me, and right now I have no interest in what you are saying... Or ever. Please, shut your mouth."

So, Hailey, you wanted to hear a story? No? I'll tell you one anyway.

Here is one for you:

Once upon a time in a world far away, very much like this one, there lived a girl. This girl had been through a lot already, even though she was still very young. In many ways, she had given up on hope, yet everyday this little girl would drag herself out of bed with the dream that things would change. So, she would get up and go to a school which she dreaded, but she always thought to herself, "Hey, it could always be worse." The education there was awful and none of the other children liked her. But, she grew accustomed to it. But she always thought "it could always be worse". She learned to enjoy solitude and to not get hung up over the little things. However, the other children couldn't have that. They needed her to suffer. They needed her to feel their wrath inflict harm on her soul.

So, everyday when she sat down for lunch at the class's lunch table, the other kids would shoo her away. She would run, crying to her friend, Tina, who would tell her that she doesn't care.

"But, Tina, they kicked me away and it hurts. Why do they hate me?"

"I don't care", Tina would repeat and shoo her away, too.

----------------------------------------------

When she returned from being out of school due to a family crisis, the girl had gathered courage. When the other children told her to go away, she stood up and said no. But, see, the other children couldn't have that. They picked up her chair and threw it across the room. When she dragged it back to the table, they all got up and move to a different table.

So, she sat alone, and as she would walk back to class from lunch, as sad as a person can be, the boys would pick at her and shove her. They would pull her hair and push her down the steps. After each long day, she would go home to her mother who was busy with her other children, and a father who was too busy playing video games after a long day at work. But she wasn't bitter at them. They had adult responsibilities. She thought "it could always be worse".

It was not that bad, though, because she had Tina. Tina's family also ignored her, but Tina was not like the girl, and she was bitter. She was angry and did not know how to handle it. So, each damned day she would come in and give the girl, her only friend, a punch on the arm, and the little girl would accept it. She was a good friend and wanted to be there for her friend, Tina. She could not lose Tina. She tried to comfort her, but, time after time, Tina would always cut her off."I don't care," she was say. The girl would open her mouth to speak and Tina would yell, "I don't care!" and give her a punch on the arm, each time the power increasing. The girl was a good friend and stayed loyal to Tina as every single day Tina abused her, mentally and physically. She took the abuse and thought it to be friendship, for it was all that she had. She took the bitter words and told herself that it was what she deserved. She came home with bruises and no one noticed.

The End.

Did you want a happy ending, dear? Sorry Hailey, those don't exist. At least not while you are in the picture.

I mean, it could always be worse. But, Hailey, now you have the sob story. So don't you dare tell me, or anyone, that you "don't care" because you are just like her. There is no denying that you are just like Tina.

Hailey, I am so close to breaking that you better not push me. There is only so far you can stretch a rubber band before it snaps back and hits you in the face. Be careful as to how far you push me.

--------------------------------------

Author's Note

Chapter eight is here! Thank you all for reading all this time. I want to know what you guys think. Do you hate Tina? Do you hate Hailey? Do you like them? Who do you like/dislike more?

Don't forget to comment and vote. You are greatly appreciated.

- NerdilyNerdy