Chapter One

Summer went too fast. After a month from the incident with the bullies, the summer vacation came and i didn't had to worry about them or university anymore.

I was finally free. I enjoyed the warmth of the sun this summer, going back to my home country to spend my vacation with my family and friends. My parents found it hard to let me go study in a foiregn country, so far away from home. But they knew that it's a great opportunity for me and my future.

Even though i didn't know the language or the country, they believed that I will learn to adapt just fine. I was very touched that they trusted me so much and i promised myself that i will not disappoint them. Leaving is hard until you actually do it.

It's not easy studying abroad, but it's definitely empowering. I feel like i've grown so much since i left, as an adult and person. I caught up with all my friends and went with them swimming or roller blading in the park.

There are still 2 weeks left until University starts again, but i decided to go early to arrange my dorm room and to explore the city more. Last year, i was too scared to go on my own with my broken Korean so i only stayed in the university area. But now, after i practiced my ass off, i can speak Korean and even write in Hangul. I took language courses every day and practice at home as well.

Once i set my goal, I will work hard to achieve it.

The taxi stopped in front of my dorm building and i thanked and payed the driver. I took my 2 luggages and my bag and carried them to my floor. My room was on the first floor and it was 15 minutes away from the campus. I opened my dorm's door and dragged the luggage inside.

I started cleaning the room first, before starting to arranging my clothes. The rest of my stuff will arrive later today so i'll be busy this week with organizing. Bored and hungry, i decided to go to a supermarket to buy groceries and other stuff for my room.

I made a list and then shoved my keys and my wallet into a backpack and left. I used my phone to go to the supermarket, it was 5 minutes away from my dorm, but i had to take a lot of turns, so i was afraid of getting lost, being my first time going to this store.

I took a cart and started the hunt. I was carefully picking my purchases, knowing that it will be hard to carry them home. I only sticked to the basics, knowing that i could come later. But to be honest, the thought of multiple trips tired me, i was a lazy teenager after all.

  After putting everything i paid for into bags and putting them into the stroller, i left the store and walked to the stroller 'parking spot'.

" Why???" I cried when i saw that i have to carry 4 bags and i gripped the stroller harder, not wanting to leave it behind.

" It's just a 5 minute walk. You can carry them, you are strong enough!!" I encouraged myself, grabbing the bags and lifting them.

"I can't do it, i'm screwed!" I sweat-dropped as i contemplated on what should i do.

" Hello, do you need help?" A male voice called out from behind me.

I turned around to be faced by a tall, good-looking guy, smiling at me. I shyly let the bags in the stroller and shook my head. He laughed at my actions and then extended his right hand for me to shake me.

"Hi, my name is Kim Seokjin! Nice to meet you." he introduced himself and i quickly shook his hand. I was kinda surprised that he wanted to shake hands rather than bow, like any Korean would do, but he probably tried to make me feel more comfortable.

"Hello, my name is Shin Ra Mo. Nice to meet you as well." i said, bowing my head and using polite Korean, since he seemed older than me.

"You seem kinda troubled, are you lost?" he asked me nicely and i shook my head again.