C h a p t e r 11 : Letting it out

"No" he said in a cold voice. "But Juzo! I'm telling you the truth!" Mia said in anger. "Whatever it's a lie or not, it's not my business nor yours" He said, not even looking at her.
"There are a lot of ghouls who are suffering from this, why you couldn't just try" Mia almost begged. He continued his computer work, not paying attention to her. "You don't understand" Mia hissed as she stood up.
"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand" He hissed.
Mia rolled her eyes and went to the other room. She took out one of the drawers. The syringe was laying there in a transparent small bag. It was almost full. It didn't have a strange smell or color, just a white liquid.
"The deadline..." Mia repeat her thoughts. "The club..." whispered and closed her eyes, trying to focus.
"That night..."
Loud music, drags, drinks, smoke and a lot of blood...
dreadful scream.
heavy metallic chains. An innocent human being was trapped by heavy metallic chains, all his skin was burned and ripped off....
"RUN MIA RUN" She suddenly could hear Yui in her thoughts.
"Mia???" A sweet voice woke her up.
"W-Where am I?" she asked when she opened her eyes and saw a black haired male standing next to her while she was laying on something soft.
"You knocked off at work... what happened?" Asked Juuzou and swing his head to the side, wondering.
"I-I..." said Mia and touched her face. She was crying in her sleep.
"Don't you remember?" He asked.
"I didn't felt well, it's all. There is nothing you need to worry about." She said and stood up, holding her head when she suddenly fell down, but Juuzou caught her.
"I think you running a fever" He whispered in her ear before putting his lips on her hot forehead. She did felt a bit dizzy and weak, but she just wanted to get up and explore more things.
"No, you need to rest. Get in bed and don't get up" Said Juuzou and put her in bed. "And if you will even think about going somewhere, I will tear you apart~" He said with his sick evil smile yet so innocent.
Mia nodded and he smiled.
He kissed her nose before walking out of the room.
Something in her head kept saying she getting closer.
"I should try it again" She said to herself while she closed her eyes.
She hold her breath before everything became numb.

~That place... I remember it. This smell of blood... everywhere...
"Mia san..." A female voice said. I could see it was that women. She was sitting there on the chair next to the bar. Nobody was there except of us, or maybe I just couldn't pay enough attention to them.
"Come..." Said the light haired female as she started to walk towards me and grab my hand. Her hands were so cold...
I could feel the lamp in my through.
I walked after her; everything around us is dizzy and spinning.
"Look" Said the female before she stopped. Her voice echoed the room
Mia watched as she opened the door,
"Mia don't!" I heard suddenly a voice.
"Y-Yui?" I said all shocked, and right next to me, was standing the blonde girl with the green eyes.
"Don't go there! Don't listen to her!" She yelled.
"I-I need to! I want T-To help you!" I said. I could barely talk... I felt as if my mouth was full of dirt.
"There is nothing that can help me, please, I don't want to lose you like this, go back, run away before it's too late!" She said.
"I can't! I want to HELP!!!" I screamed as I rushed into the room. The door locked and the single light was gone now.
Everything was quite until a loud scream broke it. A little lamp which was hanging above me was swinging, and the moment she light the room up, I thought I'm going to have a heart attack.
Mere centimeters from me was standing a male, his hair was all dirty and messy, he was wearing a white shirt and his hands were tied behind his back.
He tried to attack me but a short metal chain didn't let him.
It was tied on his neck.
The room was white as snow.
"Ask him whatever you like..." I heard a voice in my head.
"Who are you?" I said, trying to sound confident.
"Me?! You can't recognize me?" He laugh.
I swallowed the lamp in my throat.
"Are you a ghoul?" I asked.
"Mhmmm" he answered.
"Do you know something about the white liquid?"
"W-White liquid? Look around, what do you see? It's controlling me, isn't it? I don't know who I am anymore; won't you help me get away? I want to be free, like you, help me before you will be controlled too-" "Mia GET AWAY FROM HIM" Yui's voice cut everything.
A smile was painted on his face. ~

Mia opened her eyes all at once. She was breathing heavily, her chest rising up and down. Mia looked at the hour- she slept the entire day.
"Mia chan~~~ Are you finally awake?" She heard a sing song voice calling from the living room. She got up and waked to the living room.
Juuzou was standing in the kitchen, warming food or something.
"How do you feel?" He asked, not even looking at her.
Suddenly he felt two arms warping him. Mia put her head on his shoulder, sobbing.
"Mia chan... is crying? Why?" Asked Juuzou as he turn to face her. His hands holding her.
"I-I had a-a nightmare-e..." She said, sobbing.
"It's fine it's fine..." He said as he hugged her.
"Nightmares are the best" He whispered into her hair.
"I-I was really scared" She said.
"Is something bothering you lately? You aren't calm as you always was" Said Juuzou as he pull away and broke the hug, but his hands still held her back.
"Is it have something to do with the two ghouls you told me about?" He asked, now more serious.
Mia didn't know what to answer. Neither if she lie nor tell the truth, he will get be mad.
"Answer me" He hissed at her.
"I was thinking about them lately but-"
"I see" he said, letting go of her.
"B-but it's not like I can just forget about them all at once!" Mia said, looking at him with her tearful eyes.
Juuzou just sigh and went back to warm his food up.
"You are really annoying me right now" He said.
She didn't know how to react.
"Why can't you be there for me...?" Mia whispered as she started to cry.
"Because everything I'm saying it's worthless for you, so what's the point?" He asked. "You pushing yourself too much, that's my solution. Leave everything behind and stop acting like a little girl who's trying to be a hero and help her dead friends" He said without showing any emotion.
It was painful for her to hear that from a dear person.
"W-Whatever..." Mia said and walked to the bathroom. She washed her face and inhaled, looking at herself in the mirror.
She looked so exhausted – she really was, however she didn't admit it. 

"Hello Mia san! How ar-...Mia...? Are you okay...?" Haised rush to her bedroom. Juuzou was standing right behind him.
"She's fine now. Let's get to our job" . Mia nodded and the two walked away. As always, Juuzou was acting as if nothing was said. 

She decide to take a night walk so she took her coat and went to the nearest park. Her hands are deep in her pockets, her scarf covering her neck and mouth, keeping her warm.
She was walking slowly on the pavement, her head is looking down at her slow footsteps. A cold wind blow, she could feel it will be snowing soon.
She found a fine bench right next to tree.
'What should I do now... leave everything like it is? Find out what's behind all those weird cases? I don't know what to do...' Mia thought as her eyes felt heavy and sleepy. She was looking at the trees, the calm and cold air surrounding her as she feels her tears starting to fall down.
'I shouldn't have done this... I will lose Juzo too if I will keep with my selfish behavior...' And that was her most horrible fear – lose Juzo.
"Mia san? Is that you?" A voice make her to turn and see a tall man with a big coat standing right next to her.

"I see..." Said Hanbee after Mia told him what just happened.
"I don't want to let him down... but I feel as if I can't control myself for nogood reason..." Her tears slowly falling to the ground but she isn't even bothered by them. Hanbee sigh, sitting next to the girl. Her eyes looked like the stars– all  shining.
She looked at her hands that were playing one with the other, her eyebrow sclenched together. "You know, in my first period with Juuzou suzuya, He didn't stopped talking about you and shinohara. To tell the truth, I was a bit jealous.."
"Hanbee san can it be you are a gay– " –"Thant's not the point! Jeez... you see...Senpai never really show any feelings towards the environment and the social, so when he was talking about you, I was really impressed. He would tell me you were his pretty doll, and that he was an idiot to not find you. He was sure you were dead, so every year in your birthday, he would light up a candle for your sake" Hanbee told, a thin blush coloring his pale cheeks.
"What I'm trying to tell you, is that Senpai have very clear feelings towards you, however, he can't show them properly. No matter what he is saying or doing, everything he does – it's for your own good.".
Mia watched him, a warm feeling poking her chest.
Her tears stopped flowing but her breaths were still short.
"I don't want him to hate me... I won't be able to live with myself knowing I troubled him" Mia whispered.
"Even if he will try, he will never be able to hate you. Mia san, you are a very special person to him, you don't have any idea how much you are important to him. He just trying to keep you safe." Hanbee whispered as he hold out his hand upwards when a little snowflake fell on his wrist.
"Well, we should get going now. Mia san, let's go. This place is getting dangerous by the late hour" Hanbee said and got up as he held out his hand to help Mia get up. Mia smiled and took his hand.
"Thank you very much, Hanbee san"

"Oh Hanbee san! What took you so long?" Juuzou opened the door to his partner."Mia chan? When did you went out? I haven't even noticed..." Juuzou said while watching Mia stepping in the apartment and closing the door.
"I went to a little walk when I met Hanbee. Look out, it started to snow" Mia smiled. Juzo rushed to his big wall window and drew the curtain.
"Wohha" He said as he watched the gentle snowflakes falling down.
Mia was watching his ruby eyes following the little snowflake, all full in happiness and interest. 'Can it be that he feels this feeling too when he looks at me...?' She thought.
Suddenly Juuzou notice her weird stare and said "Ne...? What is that look for?"Everybody (Haise and Hanbee) looked at Mia who turned into a red tomato.
"I-I-I G-O-ING t-to t-take a ba-t-th now!" She shuttered as she run into the bathroom and closed the door.
"Jezz..." she whispered as she lean against the door, her head looking at the celling. 'I wonder...how he sees me...' She thought, but quickly threw that thought away. 'What a narcissist I am...' She whispered.