C h a p t e r 2 : Leaving everything

Military aircraft, heavy trucks with weapons, hundreds of ghoul investigators, and more CCG soldiers were on their way to the middle of the 13th Ward; Shibuya ward in Tokyo. In this ward, there is so much bloodshed that it is scary even for ghouls.

"Can someone find Juuzou?" asked Yukinori Shinohara, trying to search for his colleague. He walked between all the soldier groups but had no luck.

One hour was left before the operation started, and Shinohara couldn't find Juuzou anywhere. It was so like Juuzou; disappear somewhere and not get out until Shinohara would have a panic attack. He was about to give up when the white-haired boy caught his eye. He was sitting on one of the little trucks, swinging his legs and humming his song.

Finally.

"Hey, Juuzou!" Yelled Shinohara, causing him to swing his head back and laugh.

"Ohhh Shinohara san! Good evening..." He said, his voice quitter from usual.

"Can I talk with you for a minute?" Asked Shinohara.

When the two Special Class Ghoul Investigators found a quiet corner, they sat down.

"Juuzou, I feel you aren't here lately. Does it connect somehow with Mia?" He asked, his voice husky as always.

"Why would it?" He asked with his big smile, swinging his head from side to side.

"Well, I know you were angry at the beginning, so I considered maybe you still feel something that is bothering you. I just want you to talk with me" He said with a calm and gentle voice.

Juuzou smile was the same size when he said "There is nothing you need to worry about, Shinohara san!".

Shinohara sighed and Lean back on his hands.

"What a beautiful night..." he said, watching the sparkly stars.

"There are soooo many stars tonight; I wish Mia could see that" Said Juuzou, his eyes closed.

"Juuzou, you should know that, but there is a high chance that Mia isn't alive... and even if she is, she won't be able to make it..." Said Shinohara. Juuzou's smile dropped and his dead look focused on Shinohara. After some seconds he said

"So... you mean...someone may take her away from me?" He asked, his blood-red eyes full of brutality.

Shinohara was about to say something when another inventor called for him.

Juuzou sat there alone, swinging his legs, and looking at the stars. "I should be a good boy" He said to himself, thinking out loud. "Or else mama won't give me good boy points" His smile grew bigger. "What is mine, will always be mine, Regardless of whether it's dead or alive".

A week ago

her eyes were covered, so everyone will hear her screams.

Her legs were burned, so she won't be able to run away.

Her lungs ached, from all the screams and outcries.

Her spleen and gallbladder were taken out and replaced with other organs. It was awful and ugly.

Even the frozen air didn't seem so terrible with the pain. But even the pain, that horrible feeling, didn't compeer with the fear which flew in her veins.

When they finally were done, they throw her into a small cage, waiting for insanity to control her.

Lightly she felt, how the dark started to control her when all her dreams became nightmares, and all her nightmares became reality. When her last hope seemed so far away, the cold floor and black walls, were everything she had.