C h a p t e r 3 : Unexpected meeting

Mia now days was trying to figure out, what was about all the noise in the city. Her favorite coffee shop closed down, as well all her ghoul friends disappear.Yui told her that something was going on, so she had to leave for a couple ofdays, to help someone with something.
"You shouldn't go there" A boy yell up to her. She turn around to meet black& red eyes. "Why not?" she asked back, she only was heading home.
"Doves" he said, and disappeared. What doves doing in the 20 ward?
She decided to postpone his words, they even made her go faster, and see whatit was all about.
It was true. There was something big coming up, but she couldn't see, too manypeople blocked her view. To her luck, it was close to her house, so she justneeded to climb onto the roof, to see what it was all about.
When she was there, she saw a battle between doves and a big ghoul. Wasn't it the Non Killing Owl?
How can be such a war in the 20 ward, the most peaceful ward from all?
She watched carefully how the doves were slowly taking him down. When she looked closely she recognized them.
"Juuzou suzuya..." she whispered in shock, and as if he heard her, he looked just where she was standing at, but he couldn't see her. He was too busy with the fight.
As much as she felt bad for the ghoul, she was so proud of Juuzou.
Few tears flew down her cheeks, it have been a while since she felt this feeling... the feeling of faith.
The pride and belief very quickly dropped and made to fear when the one eyed ghoul showed up. It kakuja kagune were two muscular blades above its shoulders. It was big and scary. It was something who ghouls only talked about, but seeing one like that, made her feel week and frightened, but what she was really feared of was losing Juuzou. He was so tired, and so are his members.
A loud scream was what cut her thoughts.
Without thinking, she let out her Kagune and jumped to where the battle was.
She has Koukaku kagune, in a purple red but more purple color.
She had two big 'arms' , which were very sharp.
"Your too late, darling" said the owl before pushing her away.
She stood there, not daring to look at Juuzou.
She tried to hit the owl, but it was too fast. Mia didn't give up. She jumped and tried to hit her more times, however, only several hits managed to hit her,and even they were too weak. Suddenly, few knights hit the Ghoul, causing theghoul and Mia to turn around. Juuzou, who was barely standing, took himself together and tried to fight too.
When the owl wanted to hit Juuzou, Mia caught his arm with her Kagune and hit it. The owl started to get pissed off.
"It's useless!" The owl screamed before a wave of sharp Kagune was in the wayto the two.
Mia quickly caught Juuzou with one of her so called "arm" and moved to a safer place behind a wall.
"Juuzou, stop... You can't fight anymore, you reached your limit. Rest now" Mia whispered, holding him close to her. His fast heartbeats were really worrying her. She missed him so much, she could not stop crying for his sake.
"How can I rest when all of you never rested for my sake?" He asked. He tried to smile, but he was really weal already.
His eyes were wet.
"Did you cry? Juuzou, you never cry!" Said Mia, hugging him more. She felt so bad for him, all she wanted was to keep him safe.
"What do you mean... by saying... "Cried"..." he asked, his voice is quite.
"Juuzou... please... don't stop to fight. Live" Mia begged.
He send his hand to touch her cheek, but failed and black out before he couldwipe her tears.
She put him there, when the owl found her again.
"What a sad love story" it laugh.
Mia run right into it, no more fear, no more sadness.
Although the wound she had made, the owl just laugh and hit her harder. Mia felt herself getting weary. The ghoul was about to eat her up, when out of nowhere, Yui caught her and run away, jumping from building to building. Yui had a beautiful Kagune wings in red color, so Mia tried to focus on them and not black out.
"What have you done?! Why are you so baka!" Screamed Yui, light tears falling from her eyes. "I was so worried" she said when she put Mia on the bed."Sorry..." Mia whispered, her back was in pain, and her hands hurt too. "I'm okay..." Mia said, trying to calm her friend down.
"Okay?! Okay?! You are not okay!!!" Yui yelled in panic. Mia was badly injured;she didn't felt that in the fight because of the adrenaline.
"Hold on here, I will call someone who will help you", said Yui and went out of the room.
Mia looked at her hand. She looked so different.
She used to have a really clean white skin. After turning into a ghoul, her skin always looked pale and even pale greenish and she always had wounds.
Pain wasn't something so horrible to deal with after all.
Her hair used to be dark brown and wavy, Juuzou loved to smell it.
Now she has light rosy brown hair, which in her view looks so sparse.
Her eyes used to be big and sparkle, and now, her eyes always looked tired, and even with dark bags under her eyes.
She used to be cute and pretty, and now she looks curl and ugly.
However, Yui was the prettiest girl she had ever met, and despite the fact she was a ghoul, she was really beautiful, even more than humans.
Maybe it's because she wasn't a ghoul. She was an artificial ghoul.
She didn't choose to be like that.

After several days, when she felt better, for the first time she got up to take a shower. She took off her clothes, and looked at herself in the mirror. Her body looked so ugly; so many stitches and scars.
She was so thin, too thin.
She jumped into the shower and turn on the water. It felt so good to be clean again, to be relaxed.
She put on clothes and walked out, it was a cool day, but the sun was out and it was warmer than usual.
She went to a coffee shop. After so much time doing nothing, she really wanted to be there.
After she was done drinking it, the waiter came and gave her some cookies.
"But I didn't ordered" She said, her voice quite.
"We know, it comes with the coffee. Have a good day" he said and bowed, and then disappeared into the kitchen. Mia looked at the cookies as if it was a poison.
She put them in her pocket and leave the shop. She sat down on a bench in the park, enjoying the fresh air.
She took out the cookies.
"I can't eat that...I'm a ghoul" she said, knowing ghouls can't eat humans food,Juuzou taught her that.
But still, she haven't ever tried to eat it. She wondered what it tasted like.
She took one cookie and took a bit. She slowly started to chew.
"It's not that bad" she said, surprised.
It did tasted more different than it used to taste, but it wasn't so bad, it was even good.
"I have to show those to Yui!" She happily said.
It was a prove that humans food wasn't so bad.

"You are crazy" said Yui, refusing to taste those cookies.
"Come on, I ate one and I'm fine!" Explained Mia.
" No" – "Pleaseeee" – "Ok... fine. But just one"
"Yay!" Said Mia in victory.
To her surprise, the moment Yui took a bit, she throw up in disgust.
"Happy?" she asked and got up to wash her mouth.
"But... but..." Mia started to say, but she closed her mouth to the suffering of her friend.
How could Human's food be good to Mia?She's a ghoul, isn't she?
She could not sleep for days because of that though she had. She even ate more humans'food, which tasted really good.
She decided to search for information about her new talent.