Chapter 1

"Akka function shuru hone me abhi time hai na. Chalo tab tak ek ek coffe ho jaye?" Mihika suggested.

"Good idea Miku. Mai bhi wait karte karte thak gayi. Upar se ye attire. Coffee peeke I will be fresh" Ishita agreed.

"Chalo phir" said Mihika while dragging Ishita to her scooty and then zoomed off in full speed.

"Miku tu ye kahan le ayi?" Ishita screamed staring at the Starbucks logo.

"Starbucks Akka" Mihika replied carelessly.

"I know that. Mujhe padna ata hai. But yahan kyun?"

"Kyunki mera dil kar raha hai Iced Caffe Latte peene ka" Mihika stated.

"I understand. But mai in kapdon me yahan?" Ishita voiced out her doubt.

"In kapdon me kya burayi hai Akka. Achhi to lag rahi ho aap" Mihika replied.

"Koi burayi nahi hai in kapdon me par is jagah keliye ye kapde suitable nahi hai. This dress is not meant for Latte or Cappuccino. Filter coffee keliye fit hai" Ishita grunted.

"Kya Akka aap bhi na. Kuch bhi bolti ho. Yahan ane keliye uniform thodi na lagta hai. Yahan ane keliye sirf paise lagte hain. Big money. Jo filhaal mere wallet me kafi sare pade hain. So stop thinking and just get in"Mihika rubbished her doubts.

"No Miku. I am still not comfortable" Ishita voiced her apprehension but Mihika would not listen.

She just steered Ishita into the cafe and grabbed the first table in sight asking Ishita to sit down while she proceeded to place an order.

Ishita self-consciously checked around every now and then to see if anybody was staring at her.

Normally Ishita was a very confident girl.

But the dress she was wearing and the style she had adorned was making her conscious.

She was dressed almost like a South Indian bride in traditional Silk Saree with flowers and heavy jewellery.

She was dressed like this for a purpose and the purpose was the function they were attending.

It was a Tamil association function where there was going to be a play in which she was playing the role of a to-be bride.

Mihika was there to support her backstage.

As usual she was there way before the schedule and hence she had to wait for long.

They had still more than an hour to go. Hence she agreed for Mihika's offer of a coffee.

But now she regretted for doing that.

Mihika is always unpredictable but this naive sister of hers ignored the warning signals her mind was giving when she was accepting the offer.

While she was cursing herself for listening to Mihika, Mihika came back to the table after placing the order.

"Kya soch rahi thi Akka?" Mihika asked casually.

"Tujhe man hi man daant rahi thi" Ishita replied with gritted teeth.

"Kyun? Maine kya kiya?" mihika was taken aback.

"Tune kya kiya? Yahan kyun layi mujhe? Do you even realise how embarassing it is for me?" Ishita blamed.

"Oh come on Akka. Aap abhi tak wahin atke hue ho? Why is it embarassing? It's not like you have done some great blunder" Mihika argued.

"IDK. Mujhe ajeeb sa lag raha hai. Sab kya soch rahe honge mujhe aise dekh ke"