Chapter Twenty Five

"Got anything, kid?" Officer Jackson snaps. Niall whimpers and shakes his head, sniffing around the air, trying to pick up the familiar scent of the odd blonde woman.

Zayn rubs his back. "Its okay, babe. Don't stress yourself out."

Niall whimpers, his eyes filling up with tears as he looks up at his Dominant. "I-i don't like this, Daddy."

Zayn pulls him close and coos, kissing his head repeatedly. "Baby, its okay. We don't have to do this."

"But we do. I have to find - "

He's cut off by one of the German Shepards that have been patrolling the small area with him. He whimpers loudly. He hates dogs.

Zayn rubs his back, turning to one of the police officers. He absolutely hates putting Niall in a tough place. When the officers suggested they use Niall as a fucking tracking dog (Zayn's words, not theirs) he was furious, but Niall insisted and he couldn't exactly say no to his husband, even though he's technically in charge.

"I will not put my husband in this position. We are going home," he declares.

Niall stiffens in his hold, perking his head up. The wind has picked up slightly, so his blonde hair ruffles a bit, his ears flicking in interest.

He turns to face the breeze, his nose up high. A smile spreads across his face. "I found it."

--------

Harry sighs as he pours another cup of coffee. Zayn and the officers went out to search today, but Anne had insisted that he stay home and spend Christmas Day with his children.

His phone chimes in his pocket. Its a text from Zayn.

Z: 1023 County Line Rd

Harry sighs. Me: ?

Zayn: we found him

Those three words have Harry dropping the coffee pot on the tile floor, watching it break into a million tiny little shards. He sprints across the kitchen, quickly grabbing a granola bar and sticking it in the pockets of his sweat pants, taking his phone from the counter.

"Mum! They found him!" Harry yells. "I'm leaving!"

Anne's reply is muffled by the slamming of the front door. It takes Harry about twenty minutes with his speeding pace to get to the huge Victorian, rundown house in the middle of nowhere. Long, dead grass covers the yard and all that can seen for miles are hills and grass.

SWAT vans and flashing police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks litter the road, clogging it. Thank God no one comes down here.

Harry jumps out of his van into the cold air, his body barely reacting to it. He immediately spots Niall and Zayn and runs over,, frantic.

"Where is he?" He snaps, slightly out of breath.

Zayn shrugs. "They haven't found him yet. But they found Christina. It looks like Liam disappeared."

Harry nods. "I'm going in."

Zayn shrugs. "They won't be happy about it."

"And I don't give a flying fuck!" Harry spits, his barely arms flexing. He sprints, weaving in between the flashing lights and huge vehicles. He spots Officer Jackson by a closed door and immediately goes over. "Have you found him?!"

"We think he's in here, but - "

A loud crack echoes around the dull house as another officer breaks the doorknob off the white door. Harry pushes past them and slams his shoulder into the door. It breaks off with a sickening crack, the wood falling down the long, steep stairs.

Louis is curled up, facing the wall when he hears a loud boom, followed by many small thuds and stomping footsteps. He curls up further in a ball, terribly sharp cramps panging his sides and the underside of his large-than-average bump.

He cries silently, thinking bad people were coming to take him away and, maybe if he's small and quiet, they won't notice him.

"Louis?!" Harry yells, rushing down the steps in panic.

Louis gasps loudly, trying to turn over to look at him. His stomach pains increase and he whimpers out, "Da-dee?" His voice breaks halfway through.

"Louis?! Oh My God, Louis?!" Harry calls, seeing a small, shaking lump in the shadows.

He runs over quicker than he thought possible in his life and falls to his knees, picking up the light, naked boy. Louis cries out in pain when Harry touches a large bruise from a kick on his side. Harry gasps, his breathing growing laboured as the boy goes limp, his dull eyes opening slightly. He curls up around his stomach and cries into Harry's shirt, shivering.

Harry picks him up, the weak boy growing limp. An officer comes up and wraps Louis in a blanket, letting Harry rush upstairs to an EMT.

The EMT, a pale brunette woman, closes the doors of the ambulance, telling the driver to start on the way to the hospital. Harry sits by Louis' head as the girl, Lacy, as her nametag reads, quickly sets up the IV and inserts it in the small, pale boys arm. Louis winces, closing his eyes.

She sticks a needle in the top of the bag and flips it over. "Are you in pain, sweetie?" She asks Louis.

The boy reaches for Harry, his arms barely making it above the sheets. Harry sits closer and hugs him. Louis nods. The EMT nods and grabs a water bottle, handing it to Harry. Harry twists the cap open and supports Louis' upper half as he presses the lip to Louis' mouth. Louis drinks it all greedily in a few seconds, breathing hard. Harry takes the bar from his pocket, tearing back the wrapper and picking off a tiny bit, bringing it to the little boys lips. Louis parts his thin lips a bit, snuggling into his dominants chest.

He chews softly, shaking his head once he swallows. He closes his eyes.

Harry rubs his back and kisses his head. "I love you, baby girl," he whispers.

"Love you, Daddy," Louis says.

--------

Harry watches over the boy as he sleeps. Its about three in the morning, five or so hours after they arrived. Louis was admitted, checked, cleaned, and ate a bit of Jell-o. He drank a lot of water and the IV has helped his colour come back a bit. He slept a lot and cried whenever he left Harry's arms. So when he had to be stitched up because of some terrible tearing in and on his hole, Harry had to hold him and when he ate and got set up in the bed, Harry had to be next to him, cuddling him.

He had an ultrasound, which he was asleep for, and got put on various, strong pain medicines - for his stomach cramps, head aches, and his bum. He had stayed glued to Harrys side through all of it. He still can't stand, he's too weak, so Harry had to carry him to and stay with him in the restroom while he went and he pushed him around in a wheelchair.

Not that Harry's complaining. He has cried more tonight then he would ever want to admit, but no one had to know that.

Harry had Niall go home and get some of Louis' things, familiar things, and some of his own, to give to Louis because the boy always wants to be with Harry.

So Louis is cuddled up in his fluffy blankets with a T-shirt of Harry's on over his gown and fluffy pants on. He was cold, so that's what Harry thought of.

Louis whimpers, wiggling around as sweat begins to cummulate on his forehead and the back of his neck. Harry starts to peel the shirt off the boy, but Louis whimpers in pain. Harry kisses his head and carefully takes the shirt off, removing his pants as well. Louis weakly swats the blankets away.

Harry removes all three of those. Louis shivers and shakes his head, still refusing to open his eyes. He hasn't muttered one word except a few 'love you Daddy's and a few 'owie's every once in a while. Harry covers him with one fluffy blanket, his favourite blue and white one and gets under it with him, gathering the boy into his arms and holding him close.

Louis lays his head on Harry's chest and listens to his heartbeat, feeling like he's at home.

YYAAAAAYYYYYYYY

•M•