Chapter Four

"Baby boy, I'm just gonna check your temperature. Can you open your pretty eyes for me?" Harry plops down at the edge of the bed, rubbing his thumb over Louis' cheeks. The kitten shakes his head, groaning. He tries to turn over, but whimpers pathetically when he's too weak to do so. "Sweetheart. Open your mouth. You're boiling up."

Louis refuses to open his blue eyes, so he just opens his mouth, letting Harry position the metal tip under his tongue before clamping his jaw shut. Harry presses a light kiss to his forehead, taking in his sickly features. His pale face and sweaty forehead worry the Dominant. He has been like this for five whole days.

The kitties aren't happy with their father either. He keeps refusing the babies to see Louis, in fear of them getting sick, so they've decided to give him an extra hard time. He hasn't worked since Louis got sick, calling in. Thankfully his boss likes him.

The thermometer beeps, the sound reverberating around the room. Louis' headache increases and he groans, turning his head and burying into the pillow. Harry frowns at the high digits on the small screen. 42.3°c. "Baby, I'm gonna run you a cold bath to get this temperature down, okay?"

Louis shakes his head slowly. "No," he whimpers. "I don't wanna get wet."

"Sweetheart, this isn't up for consolation. I'm doing this. I'll be right back." Louis groans in frustration, but lets Harry go. The elder man enters the ensuite, starting to run a cold bath. He adds a bowlful of ice cubes, and shuts it off when the tub is halfway full. Louis is asleep when Harry goes back over to him. He gently removes the thick blankets and picks up the cat bridal style, draping his thin frame over his arms.

Louis moans in irritation, turning over and snuggling into Harry's chest. "I'm gonna undress you, baby. And put you in the bath, okay?"

Louis shakes his head, keeping his eyes closed. "No. No. I don't wanna bath. I don't like the cold. I'm too cold."

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. But I have to do this. I'm gonna undress you," Harry warns him, laying him on the fuzzy rug on the floor. He struggles Louis' sweatpants off, as well as his white T-shirt and panties, all that of his Dominants, except the panties, of course. Louis frowns deeply, trying to get away.

Harry scoops him up before he can get away. "I'm sorry, sweetheart," he mumbles, kneeling down by the tub and setting the kitten down in the ice water. Louis gasps out, trying to scramble away. His ears flick around and eyes well up with tears. His lower lip trembles until he lets out little screams of fright and pain. He mewls and whimpers, pushing against Harry and sloshing water all around.

Harry shushes him, trying to get him to calm down. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. Calm down, please. You'll stay in here until your temperature goes down. I'm so sorry," he coos, pressing kisses to Louis' temple.

"I don't like this. I dont like this! Make it stop! Make it stop! Daddy help me!" Louis cries out, trying his best to get away.

"I'm sorry, kitten. I really am. Please calm down. Don't work yourself up," Harry pleads. Louis starts to hiccup and cough, rubbing his eyes with his small fist and pounding his other hand on his Doms firm chest. He takes in big gulps of air, finally resulting in small sniffles and an occasional hiccup. He leans against Harry's chest, taking large fistfuls of his shirt and holding on for dear life. His ears lay flat against his head. Tears still stream down his pale cheeks.

"Daddy..." he whimpers.

Harry cards his hand through Louis' fringe. "Yes, baby boy?"