Chapter Eleven

"No, Kyle! Don't touch that, sweetheart!" Niall croons, lifting the small kitten into his arms, swooping him away from the orange display. A second later and a hundred oranges would've fallen onto the floor and the kittens that are running around the young couple. Kyle blinks up at his mummy before nodding softly, his lips pursed. "Oh, my sweetheart," Niall beams, cuddling the little boy to his chest. Kyle sets his head under Niall's chin and curls up the best he can.

Zayn sends them a smile before picking a few red apples and beckoning his husband over. Niall shuffles across the aisle, stepping over Darcy and almost getting plowed over by Elaina. "What, Daddy?" Niall whispers.

Zayn places his hand on his Submissives shoulder and pulls him in, whispering into his ear, "Go get that jars, please, pet."

Niall blushes and nods, murmuring, "Can I get Kyle a toy on the way? They're in the same aisle." He hefts the kitten up on his hip.

Zayn nods swiftly. "Of course, babygirl."

Niall blushes and nods, kissing his cheek and scurrying out of the fruit section and to the large aisle. He passes the nutritious food sections, the drinks, the cereal, all the while Kyle babbles and makes incoherent hand motions silently into his neck while he nods sadly, pretending to understand.

His shoulder gets nicked by someone and he jerks to the side, seeing a tall blonde, a lot taller than himself on her shiny black pumps. Crisp black slacks hold her slender form and a scoop neck blood red shirt shows off what little cleavage she has. Her hair frames her face in soft, beachy curls and ends about halfway down her upper arms. Her lips are a bright red, other than that she has natural-to-limited make-up.

"Oh, sorry," Niall mumbles, looking down. His master wouldn't be happy about him talking to strangers. And this girl, something about her sets Niall off. His ears twitch and all the hair on his tail stands up, goose bumps rising on his pale skin. He bites his lip, hefting Kyle up, who seems to sense her aura too. His bottom lip trembles and he hides his face in his mummys neck.

"Oh, what a cute baby. Is he yours?" The unnamed girl asks, her
Welsh accent smooth, yet formal and chilling. Niall shivers a bit as she leans forward, waving her finger at Kyle, who just hides his face. "Shy little fellow, huh?" She murmurs, straightening up.

Niall bites his lip. "Y-yeah, he's mine."

"Well, your wife must be very excited to have such a cute little toddler," she tells him.

Niall shakes his head. "My - um - husband...actually."

Her perfectly sculpted eyebrows raise up in alarm. "Oh, sorry! I just assumed! But how did um..."

Niall blinks at her for a bit before understanding the question. "Oh! I carried him and his sisters. Triplets."

"Triplets?" She breaths, aghast. "Oh, wow! I could barely carry one!"

Niall forces out a smile. "Do you have kids?"

She smiles sadly, petting Kyle's arm. Kyle jerks away and Niall frowns, trying to be subtle about his movements. The woman frowns. "No. My husband and I have been trying though. We're getting older."

Niall chuckles. "My Do - husband is 35. I'm only 23. You'll be fine. You don't look old, so that's a plus, I guess?"

She laughs lightly. "I guess so. Say, what part of Ireland are you from?"

"What gives it away? The accent or the eyes?" Niall jokes, hefting Kyle up when he starts to fuss. The woman gives a laugh, her lips parting as if she was on the cover of a Maybelline ad. "Well, I'm originally from Mullingar. Where are you from?"