Chapter 9

When we pulled up to my house I told Niall a thank you and got out. He left after he saw that I was save inside. I walked into the kitchen to get a snack. I got a bag of Cheetos and went up to my room. I texted jazzy and Autumn to see if they want to come over so I can tell them what happened and they agreed. It must have been about fifteen minutes that texted them they arrived. I walked downstairs to answer the door.

                                                         *** In Emily's Room***

 " So tell us what happened." Jazzy said." Ya and where did you get that bruise. He made it didn't he." Autumn said." Okay." I told them everything. After I told them they both had different reactions." He is such and ass!" Jazzy said." I should beat his ass to show him how sorry he will be if he does that again." Autumn said. This is why I love them." I cant believe that he practically made you be his girlfriend." Jazzy said." Well I kind of wanted to be his girlfriend anyway but I don't want to get hurt all the time and I'm pretty sure that is going to happen if I'm with him. And there is no way he is going to leave me alone. I have told him to leave me alone before but he just said no and that I was his." " Emily, he hurt you and he needs to learn that he cant put his hands on you." Jazzy said." I know." " Even if he is a hot boxer, I agree with Jazzy. He does need to learn that he cant put his hands on our friend and practically sister." " I know. How about if he ever hurts me again I will break it off with him and you guys can beat his ass." I told them. They looked at each other before looking back at me." You promise that if he does anything and I mean ANYTHING you break it off and we get to beat him." Jazzy said/asked. " Yup. You can do anything you want to him." " Okay."

 After we talked a little more the girls left and I watched Criminal Minds. I got hungry so I decided to make dinner. It was almost 9 at night and my mom still wasn't home. Another late shift. I decided to make mac and cheese. I was waiting for the noodles to cook when there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it." Hey Emily." " Hey Jake. What are you doing here?" " Um I was wondering If I could sleep here for a few nights. My dad and I got into a fight." "Ya. Sure." I said moving so he could come in. Jake lives with his dad. His mom left him with his dad when he was three. He dad became an alcoholic when Jake was six so Jake and his don't get along very well. I went into the kitchen to finish making my food. Jake followed behind." So what happened?" I asked." He came home said that it was my fault that my mom left and he punched me in the stomach. I punched him back and then went and packed some cloths and came here." I finished the food and put it in two bowls for me and Jake. I brought the bowls to the table and set them down." He punched you in the stomach." I went over to him." Let me see." He lifted up his shirt  and there was a big black, blue, and purple bruise there." Oh my god." I said while touching it. He winced a little when I touched it.

  All of a sudden my front door opened and there stood Niall. He looked pissed. GOD! Why is it every time I see Niall he is always made at something for some reason." WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" He yelled. I looked at him he came into the kitchen. Jake had pulled his shirt down and stood up." I was looking Jakes bruise that his father gave him." I said a little scared of his reaction." YOU DONT HAVE TO TOUCH IT!" " I'm sorry." I said looking down." I think you need to leave." Niall told Jake. Looked up at Niall with a scared expression. Scared of how is going to react when I tell him Jake is staying here.' Um, Niall. C-Can I talk to you in the living room." He looked at me and shook his head yes. Once we got into the living room Niall stood in the middle of the room and looked at me." What?" " Um, well J-Jake is going to be s-staying here." I said not looking at him." WHAT!?" " He got into a fight with his dad and asked to stay here and I said he could." " Then you can stay at my house." I looked up at him shocked." WHAT!? NO!" " Yes. I don't want you here when he is." " Well that's too bad. Jake is my friend and I don't want him be alone when he stays here." I said. I turned around and walked back into the kitchen to see Jake staring at the food." What are you doing. Trying to get the food in your mouth by using your mind?" " Ha ha very funny. And no I was just thinking." " About what?" " Just why people hate me." " But I don't hate you. Jazzy and Autumn don't hate you. In fact we love you like you were our own brother. We would do anything for you." I said looking at." My dad hates me and your boyfriend hates me. But why? What did I ever do?" he said looking at me. I moved to the chair next to him.

  " They don't hate you. Your dad is just going through a rough time and the only way he thinks he can get through it is if he drinks and blames you for your mother leaving. He loves you very much. As for Niall. He is just scared the you will take me away from him. I'm sure that if you give him time he will warm up to you." I said looking him in the eyes." Why would he think I want to take you away from him?" " I don't know. I guess that's what he thinks when we are together. That you want to take me away from him." " But I don't want to do that. I might have liked when we were kids but I got over that. I just want to hang out with you. I think of you as a sister." I gave him a hug and kissed his cheek." I love you." " I love you too. Thank you." " No problem. Now I think we should eat before it gets cold and we don't want to eat it." I said laughing.

                                                                   ***Niall's P.O.V.***

I was pissed off that Emily wont listen to me. I know that Jake kid wants to take her away from. I know he does. I followed Emily to the kitchen when I calmed down. I stopped when heard them talking." As for Niall. He is just scared the you will take me away from him. I'm sure that if you give him time he will warm up to you." Emily said. "Why would he think I want to take you away from him?" " I don't know. I guess that's what he thinks when we are together. That you want to take me away from him." " But I don't want to do that. I might have liked when we were kids but I got over that. I just want to hang out with you. I think of you as a sister." I stopped listing after he said that. He did like her. He doesn't want to take her away from me. He just wants to spend time with his best friend. Well more like sister. I walked into the kitchen to see them laughing and talking. I sat next to Emily and put my arm around her waist. She looked over at me and smiled then looked back at Jake and continued their conversation.