Awake

You're Warm
Chapter 17: Awake

How long had she been sleeping for? She didn't know as she listened to the whispers of faint rustling happening beside her.

Slowly opening her eyes as she hissed to the bright light entering her eyes, she forced herself to close them before a voice spoke to her. "You're finally awake," Rogue said as he got up from his seat to look at her.

Groaning at the lack of response from her muscles, she nodded her head as she turned to look at him with tired eyes. "How long?" she whispered where he widened his eyes and gave her a glass of water after helping her sit up.

"You've been out for roughly a month. You didn't wake up when we tried to get you to - You have no idea how much you have made Sakura worried," he replied.

Nodding, she finished her glass of water and hummed in response. "Where's everyone else?" she asked, looking at him in curiosity before pain erupted in her head.

Rogue not knowing as the the pain slowly made its way down her body, he replied to her question by turning on the lacrima screen located in the corner of the room. "They're all at school watching the tournament. Sakura and her mate Takuto, are our representatives for the Worldwide Magic Games. If they win then they, along with another representative from our school, will compete for the Grand Magic Games," he explained.

As if he could tell that something was wrong in the air, he turned to look at Lucy who was intently watching the tournament from her bed. There was something that didn't feel right - Something must have happened during Lucy's little coma since the air around her wasn't as sweet as before.

Not knowing what to do, he just simply shook his head before looking up to the screen where they both watched as the man in white get thrown into the corner of the building which began to crumble.

In silence, they watched till the episode ended where Gray, Erza and Sting came walking into the room.

"She's awake!" Erza beamed, walking over to the blonde where she pushed the Shadow Dragon Slayer off of his seat to take his place. Holding onto the blonde's hand, she sadly smiled to her.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you Lucy... We both are," she apologised where the girl blankly looked at the two in front of her.

Tipping her head to the side, she smiled. "I'm fine... There's nothing to worry about," she said before looking away in the distance where she heard Sakura's voice ringing through the silence of the room.

"Water Dragon's Roar!" her voice boomed where she snapped her head to the lacrima screen to see Sakura jumping high into the air with her kimono sleeves fluttering. "We are family. We strive to fight for our nakama!" she cried out again as the screen flashed to have a picture of her posing with her name written underneath.

"Watch as worldwide sensation Sakura Miyasaki take it to the stage with her partner Takuto Night! Will they lead their school to victory again with their dragons raging inside of them?!" another voice announced before the advertisement ended.

The blonde frowning as she looked back to Sting and Rogue, she ignored Gray and Erza watching her intently. "I want you two to train me to become stronger," she said where the four widened their eyes.

"I think that it's best to wait for Sakura to come back to train you," Sting muttered.

She shook her head as she stared at him. Narrowing her eyes, she spoke in a more dominate voice which shook them in the inside. "I don't want to wait anymore. I'm done being the weak one," she scowled before kicking her legs over the edge of the bed which almost kicked Erza during the process.

"Lucy... You're not thinking str-" Erza stopped herself. The flames in Lucy's eyes said that she wasn't giving up on this topic. Sighing, she shook her head.

"I can train if you'd like."

Everyone all looked down to the scarlet once she finished her sentence. Confused to why Erza would agree to such a thing, the scarlet remained composed as she balled her fists. "If you can't fully forgive me, then let me train you as an apology gift," she said.

The blonde nodding, she looked over to Gray who also nodded her head. "I'll do it as well. I don't want her to hurt you while we're not here," he said as he looked down to her with a saddened smile.

"I couldn't teach you anything when we were younger, so why not start now?" he continued before looking over to Sting and Rogue.

He knew that Sakura had given them a job since she wasn't here to defend the girl. If something was going to involve Lucy, then they had to know before allowing such a thing to happen.

"We'll teach her. Just give us a chance again to redeem ourselves to her," he reasoned where Lucy turned to look at the two Dragon Slayers in question.

Sting sighing as he scratched his head, he glanced over to Rogue who remained silent beside him. "I don't know -" A powerful wave stopped him from talking. Looking back to Lucy, he widened his eyes as he watched the creature twist itself over her and snarl down at him with pure hatred and annoyance.

Taking a step back, he could only mutter an "Okay" before the beast vanished from his sight. "I wasn't the only one that saw that right," he whispered over to his friend.

Rogue looking at him, he nodded.

"Sakura was right about one thing," he whispered to which Sting gulped.