Chapter 8

*CC's P.O.V.*

I got home and called for someone. I got an answer from Ashley.

"Hey Ash, where's Erica?" I asked, eager to see my girlfriend.

"Uhm, upstairs sleeping I think." He said.

"Ok, I'll go up later." I said, then headed upstairs for a shower.

20 minutes later I was out of the shower and I walked quietly down to Erica's room. I opened the door and like Ashley said, she was sleeping. I walked in and shut the door behind me, walking over to her bed. I gently crawled in next to her and slipped under the covers. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck gently.

"Hey CC." She mumbled.

"Hey baby doll, how are you?" I asked quietly.

"Good." She said.

"How was your day?"

"Better now that I'm in your arms." She said. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I held her hands and drew patterns on them with my fingers. But why was she wearing long sleeves? It's almost summer. I thought to myself. I shrugged as I continued playing with her hands.

I moved my hands lightly up her arms and wrapped them around her chest, but when I did so, I felt something weird on her forearms. I shrugged it off and closed my eyes.

A minute later my eyes flew open. I believe what I felt on her forearms was gauze. Long sleeves when it's almost summer. Possibly gauze on her arms. Oh no. Please God, no. I silently begged as I moved my hands down. I didn't want to, but I lightly squeezed her forearms. She flinched in her sleep. A tear rolled down my cheek as I took her right arm and grabbed the hem of the sleeve and slowly, gently started pulling it up.

A minute later, I had her sleeve rolled up and I was right. Gauze. Blood-streaked. A tear rolled down my cheek. Why would she do this?

*Erica's P.O.V.*

I heard my door open and close gently, then I felt the bed behind me dip down and a moment later arms wrapped around my waist and CC gently kissed my neck. I smiled slightly.

"Hey CC." I mumbled, my voice enveloped in sleep.

"Hey baby doll, how are you?" He asked. I smiled again at the fact he called me 'baby doll'

"Good." I simply said.

"How was your day?" He asked me. The thoughts of today's earlier events came rushing back and I pushed them out of my mind.

"Better now that I'm in your arms." I said. He kissed my cheek.

CC was holding my hands, tracing different patterns on them and I was praying he would 1. Think I was sleeping and 2. Not wonder or try to find our why I was wearing long sleeves.

A moment later, he slid his hands up my arms, running over the gauze - shit, I really hope he didn't feel it-and wrapped them around my chest, squishing my boobs. I smiled ever so slightly.

About a minute later, he started moving his hands back down. They landed on my forearms and he lightly squeezed them. FUCK! That hurt like a mother fucking bitch and I did my best not to flinch, but I flinched just slightly.

He released my left arm and grabbed the hem of the sleeve, slowly, gently pulling it up. No CC. Please stop. Please don't. You'll be so disappointed in me.

A minute later, CC was shaking me awake.

"Hmm." I said, trying to act like I didn't know why he was waking me up.