"What?, You expect me to believe that especially when he's dead and can't defend himself."

"It's not just you, every single one of them but-". He stopped as he cut two more wires. " He fucked up with this last deal". Joey said.

He cut another wire and the timer started to sped up. "The fuck?". He cursed.

"Joey?". Oh god, I'm going to be pasta sauce.

"Bitch is crafty gotta give it to her". He said smiling at the timer given the fact that it was still counting down quicker.

"Make it stop!". I said.

" That's the idea ". He replied.

"Holy shit". I said glancing at the timer.

The timer was counting down from ten when he cut another wire and it stopped right on two seconds. "Oh my god". I let out a deep breath.

He removed the bomb then cut the straps and the ropes off me and I stood wiping the tears that shed from the intensity of what almost was. I pulled him in for a hug surprising him. "Thank you, even though I wanna kick you and your brothers balls out but you just saved my life so I'll do it another time".

"Thanks for the heads up". Joey said as he moved away looking guarded.

When the front door opened I could feel his hard eyes on my back, probably wondering what the hell all this hugging shit is about.

" Alright, let's go get the laptop so you guys can get the hell out of my life for good". I said, this time it's gonna be for good, in done with this Alex Gravano thing.

"If only it were so simple, once those bounty hunters notice there's nothing on there they'll be back". Joey said looking worried. "Brace for a war doll."

" And when they do I'll just give them the address to your place where you all can work out that shit". I said confidently.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It was already one in the morning when we got to Sue's house the thick air in the car made the time seem like it was going in slow motion,  I shot down any potential attempt Alex made to talk to me, the only time we ever want to explain is when the truth's been revealed and the sad reality that follows with it is that I hate that I actually felt something deep towards him or maybe even more, but what good is that anyway now that I know it was all an act for him he's still feeling something for her why else would he lie about her being alive.

"Anneliese". I heard him say my name as I stormed out of the car and ran up the steps to Sue's place.

When she finally opened the door in all her sleepy glory I rushed in looking for the laptop, get bunny patterned PJs were something to discuss another time.

"Are you on some new type of medication?". She asked her sleep ridden voice evident.

"No but I'm going to need one" I said.

"And you brought company". She replied groggy.

I went into the bedroom and got my laptop, I powered it on looking and entered the password.

Damn it I have some really nice vacation pictures on here and not to mention my illegal stash of movies. Life is a cruel mistress when she wants to be.

I emerged and walked past everyone over to where Joey was standing, I could Alex's eyes at the side of my face clearly pissed that I didn't just give it to him instead.

Joey smiled and handed it over to Alex. "He's the computer geek doll, you should know that." He said.

"Really? I should know alot of things but people tend to lie you about dead girlfriends and all that mess." I said more to myself but I could feel Alex's glare.