“See you soon,” Monday smiled back.

I got into Charlie’s car and kissed his cheek, “Hello.”

“Hey, beautiful. I missed you,” he smiled at me.

“I missed you too. By the way, we’re gonna have a movie date with Monday and her boyfriend Jake next week sometime okay? Keep your schedule clear,” I said.

“I definitely will. So how was Monday’s?” he asked.

“Good, we had a really fun time.”

“That’s good,” Charlie nodded.

After a few moments of silence Charlie broke it. “Does Halie know about Monday?”

“No, she doesn’t. But I’d like for them to meet sometime. Why do you ask?” I asked him.

“I told her you were here this morning and she got all confused. Then she got really angry and decided to spend her whole day with her boyfriend Dexter. She won’t be home until late tonight,” Charlie purred into my ear.

“Hey, watch the road mister!” I squealed delightedly.

Charlie smiled, “Are you ready for school tomorrow?”

I sighed, “Not really. Which is why I’ll have to get to bed right away when I get home, there’s no time for silly shenanigans with my boyfriend.”

“Silly?” he asked with false surprise.

“Yes, silly,” I smiled.

We talked for the rest of the ride home about nothing and everything. Right when we walked through the doors, we could tell Halie was upset about something.

“I thought you were going to Dexter’s?” Charlie asked irritated.

“I came home early. He told me some really unsettling news,” she said while glaring at us.

I gave Charlie a panicked look.

“Like what?” he asked.

“You and I need to have a talk downstairs. Right. Now,” Halie hissed.

My heart picked up speed, she didn’t know did she? Maybe she heard a rumor and wanted to talk to him about it? Maybe he said something offensive about Dexter?

I emptied my bag from Monday’s house and lay down on Halie’s bedroom floor with my ear to the carpet, hoping to hear some of their fight.

All I could really hear were bits and pieces of it. Something about their deal and how he broke it. I could tell Charlie got really mad when he started screaming at her. I wished their floors weren’t so soundproof.

Just then, I heard Charlie’s angry footsteps coming upstairs and Halie screaming after him, “We aren’t finished talking about this!”

“Actually, yes we are!” he screamed at her.

“I told you before-” Halie started to scream.

“You know what Halie? FUCK YOU!” Charlie screamed at the top of his lungs.

“Fuck you too!” she screamed at him.

Just then their parents emerged from their bedroom.

“Charlie Oliver Harrison and Halie Felicity Harrison stop what you’re doing and stop with the cussing!” her mother screamed.

“I’m fucking done with your shit Halie!” Charlie yelled and slammed their front door shut. I heard his tires squeal across the cement and then I knew he was gone.