-55-

-That night- 
I was laying on my bed just thinking for a while. I wasn't hungry so I decided to skip dinner. I've been feeling a little bummed out after what Laura had confessed to her father. I mean, I knew it was all an act but what she said about me not loving her it hurt me. I probably know what you're thinking, wow Ross a tough guy like you is hurt from a fake relationship? Yeah, I am hurting. Even though it was fake I would've thought that she actually developed some kind of feelings for me in the process. Because I know I have.

A few seconds later, I hear a small knock on my door. "Come in..." I flatly yell. The door opens to reveal Laura.

I don't really feel like talking to her at the moment. "Hey," she smiles and sits at the edge of my bed right before she closes my door behind her. "Hi..." I say daring not to look at her. She lays down next to me. "Somethings wrong," she says while looking at the ceiling. "What?" I question.

"You're mad at me, I could tell."

Now I was looking at her. "Why would you say that?" I wonder.

"I know you, almost more than you know your self. You're mad at what I said."

I tilt my head. "What did you say?" I ask. "Don't be stupid. Ross I'm talking about our project. The number one rule was to not get attached to your partner." She confessed.

Every time she spoke, was every time I could feel my heart breaking.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I question.

"You love me Ross. For real..." She tells me. I look down. "But you don't love me...for real," I say. She sighs.

"Ross the projects almost over, only a few more weeks then the semester will be over. Then you won't have to fake date me. You could go date whoever you'd like. And I'll be doing the same."

Ouch.

"But Laura I don't want to date just anyone. I want to date you." I confess

She smiles. "No you don't. Ross you aren't supposed to like me. We wouldn't work out anyways. We are so different."

"But can't we at least try?" I argue.

She shakes her head. "No Ross, I-I don't like you like that...I'm sorry."

That's all she had to say for me to finally break. My heart felt like it got trampled on and then some.

I nod as I try to hold back the tears that were about to escape my eyes.

She sighs and kissed me. For some reason I kissed back. Every time we kissed it felt like a taste of what heaven was.

We soon start to pull away. "Why do you keep doing this to me?" I frown. First she breaks my heart telling me that she doesn't like me then she kisses me. "I don't want to fight with you, it's for the project."

My anger starts to rise and boils. I bolt up from the bed and got so mad I punched a hole in the wall. She jumped in fear. "Ross..."

"Again with that stupid project Laura!We already talked about this!Why do you care so much about getting a fucking A on this project?!" I shout. She rolls her eyes and stands up.

"You should go to bed Ross, it's been a long day." She says trying to change the subject. Laura walks towards the door to open it but I slam it shut before she could even open it all the way. "Don't you dare tell me what to do and don't walk away from me like that!I want to know why you care about that stupid project so much!" I shout again. She flinched at my anger.

"It's none of your business, now I'm leaving-"

Then I slap her.

I slapped her really hard;letting my anger huger the best of me.