-36-

-Laura-
"Hey Connor," He was talking to some girl,turns around and smiles at me. "Hey Lauraaaaa" he greets. I couldn't believe I was about to ask this but if I wanted to be successful, it was my only option. "I need to ask you something," I try and hold in my frown but I was still really hurt and upset because of Ross and his cruel words. "Go ahead," he tells me, his full attention is now on me. I hesitate.

"Will you be my new partner for life skills class?" I ask. He smiles wider. "Sure, but what about Ross?" He asks. I didn't want to speak of him right now. "I uh don't think it's working out," I look at my shoes. He shrugs. "Okay well I'll divorce Ariana and I'll tell Ms.Yvette." He tells me. I slowly nod as he walks away.

"I can't believe you," a voice way to familiar says behind me. I turn around and sigh in relief. "Oh hey Maia," She had a mad look on her face. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"What's wrong? Oh I'll tell you what's wrong. You are such a slut Laura!" She yells. I was taken back. "Wh-what?"

"Don't act stupid with me dumbass! You broke up with Ross and now you're jumping guy to guy and dating his best friend?! The fuq is wrong with you?!" She blows up in my face.
"You know what?" I say as calm as possible. "Ross broke up with me,I'm not jumping from guy to guy and I'm not dating Connor. I'm just his new life science partner!" I explain.
"Well now I know why he broke up with your ugly ass." That's it. Those words, those were the ones he had called me. Am I really that ugly? I'm not crying.No I'm standing here about to slap the shit out of my so called "friend" until someone stops me.

"Laura don't" 

Maia smirks. I turn around and tears come try to break free but I do my best to hold them back. "What do you want?" I ask.

"Don't hurt her, just leave Maia alone." Ross tells me. Was he defending her instead of me? "She, she called me ugly and a slut," I explain. He shrugs. "So that doesn't mean you should let your anger out on her" Everyone that was crowded around us whispering. Ooooh's came from the crowd. I heard someone whisper I guess Ross found his replacement, he didn't even defend her. I was embarrassed. Hurt and angry. I slowly put my hand down as Maia runs to his side. Maybe I was ugly. Maybe I am a slut. Those words hurt but what hurt the most was what he said next.

"And you don't hurt someone if they are right."