I sighed, clenching my teeth. “Where’s mom?”

“She’s with her friends at a party.” He said still staring at the TV.

You would have thought he was talking about a sixteen year old girl instead of a forty year old woman.

I walked towards the key holder and took my dad’s car keys.  I got in the car and drove to the daycare. 

When I got there I saw Riley on the sidewalk with her lunchbox looking around with a sad look on her face. Riley was my younger sister. She had my mother’s blond hair and my father’s blue eyes. She was only five years old and to my relief she still had a child’s innocence. I was always afraid that growing up in our neighborhood she would grow up with a hardened attitude and wouldn’t be able to be a kid. 

Her face brightened a bit when she saw me but she was still a bit sad. “Rose! I thought everyone forgot about me.” 

I shook my head, smiling. “I wouldn’t ever forget about you.”

She opened the door and got in. She closed the door and put her pink Barbie lunch box on her lap. 

Her eyes started watering and she brushed the tears away with her hand, looking down at her lap so I wouldn’t see her. 

I frowned. I hated seeing her sad. “Oh come on honey. Don’t be sad.” I said softly.

She sniffled. “I’m okay.”

“How about this? Let’s go to McDonalds and order a Happy Meal. Maybe some Ice cream as well.” I said, trying to cheer her up.

Riley’s face brightened and she smiled. “Yes!”

I laughed at her sudden cheerfulness and she giggled. When we got to McDonalds and I ordered her food we sat down a table in the corner of the fast food joint. 

“So how was daycare today?” I asked her putting the straw inside her small cup full of coke while she opened her box full of Mcnuggets. 

She shrugged. “It was okay. There’s this boy who keeps bugging me though.”

I tensed. I was always a little over-protective when it comes to my little sister. “What did he do?”

She frowned. “He’s always playing with my hair. One time he even smelled it. Gross!”

I laughed. The little boy had a crush on her! 

“Is he cute?” I asked, winking at her playfully.

Horror was written all over her face. “Eeeew! Why would you even ask that?”

I shrugged. “Maybe he likes you.”

She shook her head, frowning. “I hope not! Everyone knows boys have cooties.”

I laughed. If she only knew that most of her teenage years boys would be the only thing she’ll think about.

After she was done eating her food I grabbed her hand and we walked to the car. While I was driving, “Story Of Us” by Taylor Swift came on the radio which brought a huge smile on her face. Riley was Taylor Swift’s biggest fan. 

She started to sing softly. “I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us, How we met and the sparks flew instantly, People would say, "They're the lucky ones." I used to know my place was a spot next to you, Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat, 'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on.” She yawned and stopped singing, falling asleep. I smiled and turned down the volume a little bit so she wouldn’t wake up.

Thanks so much for reading the second chapter to "Dangerous Love" and thanks to everyone who voted and fanned me! It really means alot. I just uploaded the first chapter two days ago and I'm already #9 in Mystery/Suspense

Fan if you liked the story and make sure to vote and comment! I love to hear what you guys have to say and just so you know I read each of the comments that you guys leave me and I also answer to every one of them. So please comment and vote! Thanks again for reading the story :)

The person in the right is Jay btw. What do you think about him ;D

I dedicated this chapter to NicOfHearts for the constructive criticism