Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen [Renegades - X Ambassadors]

[Anne, 18:42, Warehouse in Leduc]

All I had seen was the blurring of motion. I worried about Lucina when we had first got out here, but as we started fighting, she seemed to know what she was doing.

My two daggers were out before I even entered the fighting. I struck one of the Russian guards, who I mentally named Viktor, across the shoulder. It didn't even make him blink. He pulled out a gun, a little pistol, and pointed it at me. Before he was able to shoot, I karate kicked it from his hands. It flew across the room and struck the Russian that Lucina was fighting.

I chuckled a little, but brought my attention back to Viktor. I couldn't lose focus.

Viktor jumped at me, his hands in fists. I leaned back, his swinging fist missing me by a mere couple inches. I back somersault, until I was a good few feet away, crouching. As quick as lightning, I threw my right dagger. It flew between the Russians fists and imbedded itself into Viktors chest, right where his heart should have been. If he had one, of course.

The dagger made Viktor stumble, just a little. That was all I needed. I jumped up from the crouching position and sliced my left dagger across Viktors neck. Blood squirted out from his deadly wound. Viktor's expression never changed. If he was surprised or hurt or angry, he never showed it as his eyes rolled into his head and his body went slack. My right hand was still gripping my dagger in his chest. As soon as I pulled it out, his body slumped to the cement ground.

I looked around at the others, to see how they were doing. I hadn't been on a mission with this many people in quite a while.

Catherine, her Russian already dead, was untying the mafia girl, Nana. Max and Jessica were close to killing their guards. I had to admit, they were pretty skilled fighters. Lucina was panting as she stood over her Russian, who was clearly dead.

Adam was the only one struggling. He had blood running down his forearm, his face pale as he panted. The Russian advanced on Adam, his sword raised. Adam stood, frozen in spot, his ax hanging in at his side.

I knew I couldn't sprint close enough to throw a dagger. It seemed I would have to use my secret weapons. A belt was under my shirt, with four different throwing stars. I grabbed the thin four-sided star, and threw it. It stuck into the neck and spine of the Russian, who froze at contact. Adam, who just realized what was about to happen to him, raised his ax. He squeezed his eyes closed before cutting straight across the stomach of the Russian.

Adam screeched as he backed up from the blood that spluttered out.

The body of the Russian doubled over as blood squirted from his mouth. Adam had had enough. He turned from the body and tried to get away, but only made it a few feet before throwing up.

I hopped over to the Russian I had just hit. I took the throwing star from the spine. A crunch resounded as I pulled it out. I wiped the blood on my black leggings before placing it back on my belt.

As I looked around, it seemed like all the Russians were dead.

I looked over to see Catherine had gotten Nana from her seat. Nana clung to Catherine, her eyes fuzzy and didn't focus on anything.

I walked over to the two girls.

"Are you alright, Nana?" I asked.

"Nothing can hurt me!" Nana exclaimed. "I'm super woman!"

Both Catherine and I chuckled at her comment.

A scream resounded across the warehouse. Catherine and I whipped around to find Lucina in a troublesome situation.