Chapter 1

It was a sunny day in Forks. Sunshine was quite unusual in this area, as it was usually raining. Rays of bright light fell on the ground, streaming in through windows, lighting up rooms and brightening the day. It was a promising omen to the townspeople, a premonition of good times to come.

How wrong they were.

In the Cullen household, a young woman was panting heavily, sweat trickling down her face, a gathering of people around her. Panicked expressions were on the stunningly beautiful faces, and just as a bronze-haired man passed a hand over his eyes, a baby was pushed out into a man's waiting hands.

The sunlight hit her face, lighting up the violet part of her eyes, and the baby smiled, something newborn babies shouldn't be doing. Opening their eyes was another.

The smile was slightly sinister, almost a smirk. It vanished as soon as one of the people noticed.

She had her mother's brown irises and the bronze-haired man, her father's, hair. He took her, holding his daughter with the utmost care.

'She's so ... strange.' The father thought. He glanced apprehensively at the pupils of her eyes, a dark shade of purple instead of black. Like a sea, the purple tossed and swirled.

Just then, another baby was out. She looked exactly like the first one, except for the purple eyes. The father handed the purple-eyed one gently to a blonde woman, then carefully took the other. The mother demanded to hold the younger child. The older twin giggled quietly, and her mother suddenly fell back on the table, unconscious.

The purple-eyed one was taken downstairs.

The younger baby's eyes swept around the room, taking everything in, from the clutter on the oak desk to the withering plants at the side of the room, on the windowsill. A sudden movement caught her eye, and her gaze snapped to someone at the window. They smiled eerily at her ... then moved slowly out of sight.

She didn't know what to make of it. She was, after all, only a child. But something was rather curious about her and her twin. They were doing things no ordinary newborns would be doing.

She was taken downstairs.

"I adore her! Renesmee, did Bella say?" A small woman with a pixie cut said enthusiastically, taking the younger one.

"Yes." The father replied, looking down. "Renesmee Carlie Cullen."

The older sister bounced in the blonde's arms, giggling. Something strange was hanging in the air around her ... maybe that was why the Cullens had trouble loving a member of their family.