Queen of Oz (Part One)

Freddie Mercury was sitting at his piano, playing away some tunes. It was late at night but he was hesitant to give up his work. His eyelids were drooping as he almost fell into a deep slumber. By accident, as he was finishing an arpeggio, his fatigued head swung forward as he began a surprise sleeping. With a bang, his skull hit the piano, and Freddie Mercury was out cold.

•••

Freddie woke up lying beside his piano, which was oddly upside down and looked smashed.

Freddie gasped. "My piano!" He shrieked. "My beautiful grand piano!" Freddie ran up to his broken instrument and gingerly held one of the snapped-off white keys. "Oh, my poor baby," Freddie sobbed.

"Excuse me, sir," said a high pitched voice from behind the mourning singer. Freddie turned, shocked to find that it wasn't only him in this new land. What Freddie found was a little man with a big, curly moustache: a munchkin. "Why are you crying? You killed the wicked witch of the east!"

"But my piano!" Freddie cried. "I-It's ruined!"

"Your piano saved us," the munchkin stated. "It killed the wicked witch of the east who used to torment us."

"Us?" Freddie asked, noticing that all around him, little people like the moustached munchkin were popping up. Around the garden, munchkin ladies appeared from the buds of flowers and some munchkin men from inside a lined building. A small stream trickled by the bright yellow road confirmed Freddie's thoughts. He was indeed in the land of Oz.

"I'm the mayor of Munchkinland, and us munchkins would like to present you with an enormous thank you for destroying the evil witch," the mayor said to a now-standing Freddie.

The munchkin folk chirped together, "Thank you!"

"Now, if you don't mind, I have to get back home," Freddie stated.

"Oh?" Said the munchkin mayor. "Where do you reside?"

"London," Freddie replied. "But I'm not sure how to get there."

"Ah, you must live in a different land than ours," the munchkin mayor sighed. "I'm sorry, we can't help you."

Freddie nodded solemnly. "That's alright, it's-"

The munchkins gasped in unison, interrupting Mr. Mercury. The munchkins pointed to the sky and held a hand over their mouths. Whispers arose into a long hum, causing Freddie's curiosity to get the best of him. He turned around to see what the munchkins were so amazed by. It was a shimmering bubble with a tinge of pearly pink to it. It grew larger as it approached Freddie and the munchkins, but when it had gotten close enough, the large bubble popped. A gorgeous princess-like being appeared. She had blonde hair and was dressed in a lovely rose gown. Freddie recognized her instantly.

Mary Austin.

"Good witch!" Exclaimed the munchkins.

"Hello, munchkins!" She said with a smile. She blinked and faced Freddie. "It seems we have a visitor."

"Mary?!" Freddie shouted in surprise. "What're you doing here? And why did you come out of a bubble?"

"I'm not Mary, dear," the princess-like woman chimed. "I'm the Good Witch of the North."

"B-But you're identical to Mary Austin!" Freddie exclaimed.

"I don't know who this Mary person is," the Good Witch explained, "but what I do know, is that you killed the Wicked Witch of the East!"