CHAPTER 20: FRIENDS TO FOES

Start from the beginning

"What's so funny" He asked. His pearly whites were seen even in the dark.

"You." I giggled again. I think I'm going insane. Is this a side effect of the antidote?

"And what's so funny about me?" His smile grew wider.

"I don't know. You just made me laugh." The laughing got louder and it started to hurt. You can see on my face that I was in pain and I wasn't in control of my laughing.

Greyson's expression changed from playful to dead serious. He suddenly carried me to the bed again and restrained me to it. And I was laughing the whole time. What the hell is going on now?

"Greyson. What's. Going. On. With. Me?! Why. Can't. I. Stop. Laughing?!" I said in between. I felt light headed all of a sudden.

After he restrained me to the bed again, he knelt by my side. "[YN], it looks like the antidote wasn't enough for the drug they gave you." He paused and took my hand, squeezing it for dear life. It hurts but the laughter was more painful. "Here's what's going to happen. You'll past out from laughing, you may be asleep for 1 or even 4 days. When you wake up and burst into laughing again, you have to keep your mouth shut whatever it takes. If you don't you'll die and sweetheart I hate to see you die." Wait! Was that a joke? 

"Understand [YN]?"

My vision was already narrowing but I used the last ounce of my strength to nod. Then... Darkness...

•GREYSON•

The drug reacted too fast this time. Looks like I have to make another batch of it for her and for my mom. I gave [YN] a peck on the cheeks before I dashed off into the night again.

The lab I used and will be using is located near the border of Texas and Oklahoma. And since I needed a lab for experiments other than the one in the old mansion, I found one during the year of my disappearance.

*riiiiiiiiiingg*

I took out my phone from my pocket. I didn't bother check the caller ID this time.

"Hello?"

"Hello my dear Greyson." the voice that made me tremble at night. The voice that could make me do anything. The voice that I dreaded to hear now - Steven's. Gary must have gave my number to him, I should have known.

"Steven. I'm not really surprised at all that you called me." I say as I stopped my car. Great, a traffic jam.

"I know... The word's spreading, Greyson. When the government finds out, disaster will fall upon you, your family, your friends, your fans, even your hometown. You were the epitome of their destruction." He ended his statement with an evil laugh.

"Okay. Maybe everything that you said will happen and that I may be killed for it. But before that happens, I'd like to see you begging for mercy at my feet." I grinned nastily.

"That'll never happen."

"Will see." Without saying another word, I hung up on him. The cars were already moving when I ended the call.

The ride was smooth from there on. I manage to arrived at the secret lab in two hours tops. As I was looking for a hidden parking space I noticed the lights were on inside the building. Could it be them?

I found the parking space I wanted and dashed towards the lighted, old building. I saw two figures waving at me.

"Hey! I can't believe you're here?!" I gave them each a hug. It was so good to see them again.