Beach Day

"Hey Ro what you doing today?" I ask through the phone walking into my dorm.

"Nothing why what's up?" She ask.

"Going to the beach with the squad you feeling up for it?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm down what time should I be ready?".

"Like around 2".

"Cool see ya" She says hanging up.

I walk in the dorm room Toya isn't here. I decide to go take a nice warm shower. I put on some music the step in the shower.

After my shower I change into some shorts and a plain black polo shirt. The door opens up. "Hey boo!" Toya says. "You coming to the beach with us right?" I ask Toya. "Of course ! But I got a ride there " Toya says smiling.

"Who!?" I ask semi yelling. "You'll see when we get to the beach he's new here thought". I think about who's face I haven't seen but there so many of them I'll stop this guessing game and be patient.

"How's you and Odell?" Toya ask. "We're actually really good he's been hanging with me more often ". How about you and August?". "Um we good I guess" I laugh. Feels like Toya knows some shit she ain't tryna spill though.

The whole crew is split up in their own cars. Odell and I in his car , Ro & Aug in August car and Toya and her new boo. My song comes on I turn it up real high then start singing along. Let Odell tell it I can't sing. He starts laughing showing is cute ass dimples.

We arrive to the beach then start setting up . Thankfully this beach has like this cute ass outdoor restaurant type thing. I take off my polo top then fold it neatly placing it in my beach bag.

"Damn" Odell & August say. I look up at them but just look away. August needs to chill on that. "Where's Toya?" I ask.

Ro & Aug are all up under each other they couldn't hear me. "Hey Toothpick stop all up under Ro for a second , I asked where Toya?". "I ain't her maid baby so ain't got shit to do with me. I roll my eyes at him. August knows how to get on my nerves and pick at me.

"We're here!" Toya and some guy make there way down. "Finally." I say sitting down next to Odell. "Everyone this is-" "Darrien!" Royalty semi yells in a very calm tone. I roll my eyes. They act like they couldn't hear me earlier but this caught her attention. "Nice to meet you all. What's up cuz?" Who's his cousin? "What's good boy?" August says.

How the hell is this shit going to play out? "Hey." I say to him. "What's up?" Odell nods. "Ro you can't speak?" Toya asks smirking mad hard. For some very strange reason I have a feeling that the smirk on her face is about to disappear. Royalty gets up as we all watch her. "No I can't. I have nothing to say to either of you." She says smiling. She's about to say something so petty because Toya has no clue on how to let things go. I try holding in my laugher by leaning on Odell.

"Ro about to throw some major shade. How much you got on it?" He whispers. We both start laughing softly waiting on the scene to play itself out. "Why you so mad? Did you want him too?" Here we go. I glance at August who's looking so amused with this silly smirk on his face. "Been there done that. You choose a great one Darrien. Let me give you your credit too Toya." Ro says. Toya rolls her eyes. "She sleeps with niggas she barely knows on the first night, might I add, and Toya he sleeps with anything with a vagina." Damn she went there! "But please don't let me ruin your day." Ro smiles and walks to the water with August following behind her.