A Night Out

"Aye so guess who got Royalty fine ass number?" "Hm... Does his name start with a letter A?" I ask jotting down some notes for class. "Hell yea. It's the name of a real ass month. My mama a G for that shit. How many niggas you know name August? I only know one." I shake my head laughing. "How'd you get it?" I ask glancing over at him. Why is he wearing shades in the damn building? "I saw her with her friend and walked up to her. Her friend actually started tryna talk to me but I wasn't over there fa her. I let the girl talk though and then look down at my watch and was like aye Ro let me get yo number. She gave it to me."

"Who gave you what?" Toya asks walking over. "Where you been at?" I ask. "I left a note saying I was going home for the weekend. You ain't get it?" I shake my head no. "Well damn. My bad girl. I need your number so I can text you next time." She joins us at the table. "Aye I'm bout to go get some fries anybody want anything?" August asks. We both shake our head no. He walks off. "What's up boo?" Odell says walking in the cafe. I wave at him. He comes over and pulls up a chair. "What you doing?" He asks. "Taking notes for my next class. Coming from practice?" After a few seconds of silence I look up at him to see he's looking at me. "Uhm mhm." He says. That's awkward.

"The lunch lady gave me extra chilli, cheese, and fries talking bout I could use it." August says coming back to the table. "I told you, you are a toothpick." I say laughing. "Whatever man I like my damn size." "Aye so Ary I have tickets to this show tonight. Wanna go?" Odell asks. "Yeah. Sure." I wonder what kind of show. "I got an extra pair for you too Aug if you down?" August looks, "Yeah I got the perfect date bruh. Good look." Toya smiles but I really have a feeling he's talking about Ro. Speak of the devil, "Hey Ary. Thanks again for letting me see your paper ." She digs in her folder passing me the paper.

"It's no problem Royalty." Odell turns around and looks at her, "Your Malachi's cousin?" She shakes her head, "Yeah." Who's Malachi? "That's my big bro. Tell him Odell said what's up." Odell says. "I will. Well I'll get going. Later Ary." "Aye Ro wait up." I knew Aug wasn't going to not say nothing to her. "Where you going?" He asks leaving his food on the table. "To class." "Let me walk you there. I got some I wanna ask you too." He sits his arm around her shoulder and they leave out. I look over at Toya who looks shocked as hell. Odell starts laughing, "Aug a player man. I don't think Ro will go for that though."

"Why you say that?" "She ain't down with the player type. She use to go with my cousin they went to same high school together and they were together for almost their entire four years there. He played ball so of course the girls were all over him and her attitude was people will say any and everything but if she ever caught him it was over. Needless to say he ain't know what he had and cheated on the low, talked to a million other girls. She caught him one day and she stayed true to her word. He still saying to this day she's the one that got away." Well damn. "So you the player type Odell?" I ask. "Hell no. I ain't got time that shit. Schedule already hectic as it is. Only room for one shorty."

I smile then it drops when I check the time. "I gotta go before I'm late." I quickly gather my things. "Damn I was gone walk you." Odell says looking back at his coach. "It's cool. I'll see you tonight." I say leaving out. I bump into August, "That was real rude you doing that in front of Toya." He has this oh shit look on his face, "Fuck I forgot she was right there. Damn.. You think she noticed?" I laugh, "Um yeah."

"Fuck you think she think I'm taking her to this date?" I shake my head is this really what goes through his head. "Oh yea tell ya lil friend my approval can't be bought fuck he thought." "August your seriously something else. I don't know what to think sometimes." I say laughing. "Nah forreal though like break that to Toya fa me." I stop walking and look at him, "I'm not doing your dirty work." "Man come on Ary. Please.. Just this one time." He begs. "August.." "Ary just this one time best friend and I'll do all my dirty work on my own the next time." I sigh, "Alright just this one time." He smiles, "Thanks best friend."

.....later that night

I really hate August. "Hey boo can I talk to you." I ask siting next to Toya. I take a deep breath then smile at her. "Look honey August... He is taking Ro to the show tonight.". She just looks at me. I hate being the messenger I feel horrible she was really feeling Aug and he turns around and do this shit. "It's cool." She say. "You sure?" I ask. "Yep go have fun girl!" She smiles.

I finish getting dress and text Odell. "Bye boo see you later." I say before closing the door. "Bye girl.". I feel bad for leaving her like this but I'm sure she isn't that mad. I walk out to the parking lot and see Odell's car. He gets out the car and start walking towards me. "You look great." Odell says pulling me into a hug. "Thank you , so do you.". "Where August and his date ?". "Let me text him.".

Just as I'm about to text him , I see him and Ro making their way towards us. "Hey y'all." Royalty says smiling. "Hey Ro , Hey Aug." I say. "What's up ?" Odell says. We all get in the car. It's real quiet , I pull out my phone and text August telling him to start the conversation. I hear him laugh once the text pops up. "So Odell what's this about anyway?" August ask. "It's some magic show type thing it's real dope.".

"Ro your outfit is cute by the way." I say turning around a little. "Thank you , yours is too!" She says. "Thank boo.". "You guys make a cute couple." Ro says. Odell looks over at me and start smiling. I couldn't help but smile. "You got Ary ass blushing and shit." August says. "Shut up!" I say. "Mybad I ain't mean to put you out like that Ary." August says laughing.

We arrive to the place Odell give his keys to valet. "Ready beautiful ?" He ask walking next to me. "I am.". He takes my hands into his. Being around him gives me butterflies I'm afraid to say the wrong thing and fuck up. "Don't look so nervous." Odell whispers. "You can tell?". "Relax baby." He kisses my cheek. Well there goes me trying to not be nervous.

We take a seat and order some drinks. "I wonder what Toya's doing." I say before sipping on my drink. "You handled that for me?" August ask. I roll my eyes. "Yep I did actual.". Ro and Odell just looking at us , I smile. I turn my attention to the people coming on stage.

"That was actual pretty cool." Royalty says. "I agree." I say. "You guy want to get some food?" Odell ask. "Yes." Me and August say in unison. I laugh. "I could eat." Ro says. We get in the car and head off to Sonics. "What you want Ary?" Odell ask. "I'm not sure yet I might want a hot dog , what're you getting ?" I ask. "I'm getting some wings and that nerd slurpee.". "I want the same and some of those tater tots.". I look back at August and Ro , they seem to be getting along pretty good. I start smiling but the the thought of Toya at home all sad brings that down.

"Good luck on those tickets man." August says. "No problem." Odell says. Are food arrives and we start eating. "Thanks for the night I had fun." I say. "Anytime.".

AN: Thank you everyone who been reading my story and rocking with me💞.