1st Day

I grab my bag and folder then make my way to my second class. I'm more nervous then I probably should be, my first class was interesting I think I'll actual like waking up to go to that class first. All you see around here everyone in groups chatting it up with their friends , couple being all lovey making me sick & people speeding walking to class. Toya had 6 o'clock classes I couldn't do that I need my beauty sleep 8 is just perfect for me. I text August asking him where he at.

I finally find room 5-128 professor Hernandez class. I take a deep breath before walking in. "Hello welcome to my class take a seat." She says smiling at me. Decided on sitting more towards the back so she won't be tempted to call on me. I text August again and he hasn't answered yet. I call August and on the fourth ring he answers sounding like he was asleep.

"August wake up! You have 26 minutes before your class start." I say semi yelling at him. "Shit! Bye Ima go get ready". He hangs up quickly. I shake my head. This boy really might be late on his very first day.

"Welcome students to my African America humanities class! I thank you all for coming today. So basically I'll be teaching you about the African roots and the diaspora. If I ask you guys what doesn't it mean to be African America what's your answer?" Professor ask. I look around the room there's a few hands up. She takes a few people answers but still want more. I raise my hand.

"I think that's means some one African ancestry , a person whom ancestor were from Africa , it's a way to define your self." I say. "I like your answer .....". "Aryanna." I say. "Yes Aryanna, basically a person of African descents...".

She's goes onto lecturing us on the meaning of African-American and who came up with the concept. This class is actual pretty interesting and this professor is funny. I was hesitant about a Hispanic professor teaching a African American humanities class but, I realize it isn't about the persons name or race it about the information they can give you and the research they've done also how passionate they are about this.

"Alright class beside what you've learn today for homework what I want you to do is read chapter one of your textbook and write some points you'll be able to have a debate on in class about the meaning African American." Professor say. I write down the assignment in my agenda.

"Have a great day class." She says. I grab my stuff. "Hey Ary.". I look back and see Odell. I start smiling but look down so he won't see. "Hey."I look up at him. "Now you really stalking me." He says laughing. "Remember I lead not follow.".

"Want to get lunch with me?" He ask running his hand through his curly hair. I'm practically jumping for joy inside hearing those words. The difficult choice is do I accept and seem easy or decline and maybe never get the option again. Wouldn't hurt to say yes I guess.

"Sure , let me drop my stuff off at my room and we can head off." I say walking. "Cool , there this great Chinese place down the street.". His accent is like sex to my ears. The way the words roll of his tongue.

We arrive to the Chinese restaurant. "Hello what can I get you guys to drink?" The waitress ask. "I'll take a sweet tea please." I say. "Let me get a Sprite easy ice please.". I start browsing over the menu.

"First year?" Odell ask. "It is and yours?" I ask even though I knew the answer. "Nah this is my sophomore year.". "That's cool , play sports?" I ask laughing. "What's funny?". "Nothing." I smile.
The waitress comes back with our drinks and takes our order.

"How old are you Ary?". "I'm 18 and you ?". "19 turning 20 in a few months actual." He says taking a sip of his drink. His beautiful brown eyes are hypnotic. This is a awkward situation I've never really be speechless and he just seems to bring that out of me. "So can I get your number?" He ask. "Hmm I don't know can you?". He laughs "Shit I hope so.".

"Sure you can.". I put in my number in his phone. He licks his lips and start smiling at me. "This a fake number ?" He ask laughing. "Why would I do that?" I couldn't help but chuckle. "Might be trying to be nice to me don't want to crush my dream in person.". "And what's your dream?" I ask. "You'll figure out later on." Odell says.

After a hour of talking with Odell he's a real sweetheart and that New Orleans thug attitude makes it better. He's starting to make my new life in Louisiana a little more interesting. "I'm sorry excuse me." I say before answering my phone.

"Hello?". "Where you at!?" August yells. "I'm having lunch right.". "With who ? bring me some a nigga hungry right na.". "Do I look like your servant?" I ask with my eyebrow raised. "Nope you sound like my best friend stop playing Aryanna!". "Ugh whatever I'll bring you a plate." I say before hanging up.

"Boyfriend ?" Odell ask with an eyebrow raised. I laugh "Maybe.". He just get really serious and a sadness appears on his face. "I'm just messing around Odell that's my best friend , I'm single as a Pringle." I say smiling. Odell starts laughing "That was corny.". I shrug my shoulders.

I order a to go plate for August then me and Odell make our way out. I love his car I've always been in love with chargers. I look over at him and he's smiling. "Had a good time?" I ask. "I did actually.". That brings a smile on my face. Being that campus isn't too far from the restaurant we made it back quickly.

"Let me walk you to your dorm." He says. "I'm a big girl I can handle it.". "Nah it's getting dark is feel better if I knew you made it safley." Odell starts smirking. "Come one then.".

I start getting butterflies in my stomach. Him walking behind me is making me nervous, I feel like he's criticizing me. What if this is all a joke pick on the fat girl. I take a deep breath and try to erase those thoughts from my mind.

"Well we're here." I say turning around to face him. "Have a goodnight beautiful." Odell leans in a kisses my cheek. Well there goes my knees. I start smiling. "You too." Is all I can say. I open the door and wave goodbye to him.

"Bitch ! You was. Having lunch with Odell ! Leaving me here with this nigga..." Toya yells out. I laugh. "Leave my best friend alone" I say putting my shoes in the closet. I hand August his plate. "Who that nigga?" August ask sitting next to me.

"His name is Odell , his a football player.". "Nope." August says. I look at him "What?". "Shouldn't be messing around with him he probably got mad broads after him and I'm sure he ain't new to the game.". I roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong I love August but at times he's like that over protective brother. "I'm a grown ass women Aug I can say no.". "I have to meet this nigga.". "Whatever August we'll all hang out one day.".

After my shower I find August still in the damn room. "Are you not leaving ?" I ask laying down. "Kicking me out?" He ask looking hurt. "I am actually I need to sleep.". "Shouldn't have been out with ole dude all day.". "Bye August.". "Alright ladies see yall in the morning.". August hugs me goodnight then leave.

"I think August is jealous." Toya says. "Please for what?" I ask. "I don't know for sure but we'll find out sooner or later.". "Nah that's just August being August girl don't stress that shit out.".