twenty-two

James' POV
I stood under the showerhead and just let all the gross feeling slid off me. The water felt nice. I could hear Angel laughing in the hallway and it made me smile. I loved hearing her laugh, seeing her smile. I also heard Kale's voice, they were talking again. Good. I had felt guilty for them not talking even though it probably wasn't my fault. I got out of the shower and grabbed the towel that Angel had laid out for me. She had also laid out a new pair of boxers and sweat pants. I smiled down at them and noted she didn't put a shirt out for me. Sneaky girl, she was. I pulled the clothes on and stretched my sore muscles. I wondered if Angel knew how to massage people's backs. I was going to ask later. Ugh, I was getting hungry. Shit. I walked back into Angel's bedroom and just looked around for the first time. It was quite lovely. It was a dark red color with black paintings on the wall. The room had old fashioned lights hanging from the tall ceiling and from the side of the walls. It had a Victorian feeling to it. The bookshelf on the far side of the room, opposite to the bed, had what seemed millions of books. I knew she would love this. I wondered if she had read any of them. Then I went to explore her walk in closet. It was huge and I had no idea why anyone would need a closet this big.  There were shirts and jeans and pants and even dresses. There was tons of things. I had never seen her wear any of these things, but it seemed like her style.  The dresses were absolutely beautiful and I knew that she would look amazing in them all. My personal favorite would have to be the long red gown. It had a slit up the side that would show her leg when she walked or danced and it was strapless. Oh man, I wanted to see her in this. Then the bedroom door opened.
"James?" I heard Angel's voice call out to me. I would never tire of hearing her say my name. I stepped out of the closet and walked to her, dress in hand.
"I want you to try this." I said, holding the dress out to her. She looked at me then at the dress.
"Are you kidding? I don't do dresses."
"Oh come on. Just once. Then never again." I said, handing her the gown. She glared at me for a moment and took it, walking to the bathroom. I sat back on the bed, imaging what it'd be like if we danced together. Would she be great or step on my feet? Either sounded nice as long as she danced with me.
"There." I heard her growl at me. I looked up at her and felt my jaw drop. She was stunning. She immediately looked down, a worried look on her face. I got up and walked over to her. I put my hands on her waist and just stared at her. She was the most amazing creature to ever walk the earth. How could I have not known about her til a few weeks ago? I leaned towards her and placed and kissed her softly. God, I wanted her. I wanted everything. She was surprised, but kissed me back. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me tight to her. She was so much stronger now. Must be the vampire blood in her. I tugged her close, by the waist and crushed her to my body. I wanted her so badly. I felt a growl rise deep in my throat. She smiled and pushed me back slightly.
"Damn, Angel. You're growing up." I mumbled to her. She laughed and kissed my jaw. I kissed her back roughly and was tempted to rip the dress in half. I pushed her back a little and unzipped the dress, letting it fall to the ground. She kicked it across the room and ran back into my arms. I had never wanted to kiss her so bad. Instead of just holding her to me, I picked her up and held her up. My hands were gripped tight into her backside. She moaned into my mouth and bit my lip. God, this was great and horrible.  I walked over to her bed and set her down, climbing down on top of her. I slid my hands up and down her arms, not thinking if I was going to far. She would tell me. And before I could think of something to say to her, I found myself resting between her naked thighs. She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck and brought my face to her neck. Shit. My eyes flew open at the scent of her blood so close to me. She pushed my face closer and I kissed her slowly. I had to take this slow. I squeezed the sheets in my hand, trying to control myself. I just laid my head down on her chest, trying to breath, but everything about her was distraction. I kissed her. I just wanted to kiss her. Ugh, I couldn't do this anymore. I unlocked her arms and legs from my body and walked to the bathroom. I closed the door, blocking her away for me.