sixteen

Haley's POV
I had always loved the feeling of the wind in my fur. I had shifted quickly into my giant wolf form and ran along side Brandon. I looked over at Brandon, who held Angel's limp body. Her head hung back over his arm as he ran as carefully as he could. Lead the way, I need to shift her around. I heard Brandon's voice in my head. I grumbled and sped forward. We dove through the thickest part of the forest and slowed down, nearing the shelter. I shifted back into my human body, walking to the cave opening. In front there was a river flowing, it was an easy way to rub off our scent. Kale had thought of everything when he built this place. Our secret home. Looking through the water, I see the fimilar cave light. I stepped under and waited on the other side. Brandon walked through a few minutes later with Angel still limp in his arms. We started walking down the dimly lit hallway to a bedroom that had Angel's name on it. It also had a lock on both sides of the door. There was one for Brandon, Kale, me, and plenty of room for guests. I pace to Angel's new bed and yank back the blankets. They were heavy and warm, something she'd always liked about blankets. We lay her down and Brandon shifts back to his human form.
"I'm going to put some clothes on." He mumbled, leaving me alone with Angel. I had no clue what to do with a siren or a fallen angel, much less a mix of both and vampire. I guess she would need blood. But I remember her calling about drinking James' blood. She would be okay for a while I guess. When she would need more, James would be more than happy to share. I walked to Angel's closet and looked for a long sweater I could borrow. I made sure to keep her in my sight the whole time. She moaned, bringing her hand to her face and rolled onto her stomach.
"Morning, sunshine. Didn't know when you'd wake up." I smiled at her confused stare. I sat on the edge of the huge bed and held her hand, trying to give her some peace of mind. She lifted her head and looked around, her eyebrows coming together. Then she quickly looked back at me, gripping my arm tight. Haley, where is he? I heard her yell in my head. I sushed  her and pushed her shoulders back into the pillow. Brandon came in, fully clothed and shook his head at us.
"They are coming. Kale just told James. James isn't happy, but he was furious when Kale said you needed to be alone. So, they are on their way." He said, pulling a hoodie around his shoulders. Angel lay her head back down on the pillow and stared at the painting on the wall. She was upset, feeling bad about overreacting on Kale. He did jump to far, but she didn't know what was going on. We all didn't know for sure. She was scared about how James would look at her. A monster? A creature worse than demons? We all lied to him and to many others, but to keep him safe. To keep her safe. She turned to look at me and said, he's going to hate me. I wiped my hand over her sweat matted hair, trying to sooth her. Nothing would work. Brandon sat on a chair not far from Angel's bed ready to jump and bite if need be.
"I don't hate you, Angel." A fimilar deep voice came from her bedroom door. James had a sunken look to his face, a certainty disappointment to it as well, but no hate. I sat further back from her and let James sit right near her. She cried and looked at me. Its alright. She looked back up at James and a single tear fell from her eye. She said to all of us, please give us a minute. Brandon nodded and took my hand leading me out of her bedroom. I was able to see right as I closed the door that James had crawled into the covers with her, wrapping his arm around her.